Ok i think i got it

Bronze Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 32
I got some ideas and rolled them down to these 3 setup each are packadges except the MTX onesm those i found the components on a site save the amp, which is another site.
Which would you reccomend, why, and would you pick any of them? lol
Thanks, kinda anxious to get a system but i want a decent one let me know...
MA AUDIO M589I Amp, (2) MA121XQ 12" subs and a box for about $220
Or
(2) PIONEER TS-W306DVC 12" SUBS, a SOUNDSTORM F2800 AMP and a box for about $305
Or
(2)MTX 12" Subwoofers (RT1204), A KICKER KX400.1 400 Watt RMS and a box for about $335

I dont want to spend a lot thats why i have these ones they look ok to me... i want something alright good sounding and hitting alright not something to be heard miles away or rattle the windows out of my car, just something nice with good bass nd an alrigth hit while having good quality, not talk top notch just good

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3803
I would go with the Kicker KX400 with the ma audio's. Me personally I would get 1 IDQ12 over two of any of the other 12's mentioned. I would spend a little more on 1 and get better quality then get two low level subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
these are packadges at those prices... i cant just swap and picl cept with the mtx's i could swap out the kicker amp but the subs ate on special.. I dont have a lot of money and i want something good, i have an eclipse HU and it is alright but my stock speakers just dont put out the bass i want

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 403
hey james don't you have an aa atlas that you want to sell. if you do i would get that atlas and get a kicker kx 200.2 amp online for like $130 and that setup would be a lot better than the ones you suggested.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigred2069

Post Number: 68
are you related to bruce lussier?????
he just became our new head football coach at father ryan, nashville tennessee

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3808
yup your right man the atlas would be a nice sub for him but I doubt he would know how to hook it up. I will save that for someone who wants it that knows what they are doing cause I dont want him to run both coils then come back at me and say I sold him a blown sub or something. I would go with 1-image dynamics IDQ 12 and a kicker 200.1 both would cost about $300 and it would sound great.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 406
ya i know. i heared that if you wire the gold terminals in series, and wire the silver ones normally you get a 6ohm load is this true. i want to know because thats how i have mine wired and want to know if im gonna have a 2ohm or 3ohm load on my mtx 801d amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
wow what a nice thing to say, dude just becasue i dont know car audio, yet, doesnt mean i wouldnt know how to wire it... I have taken 2 years of electronics, computer and robotics courses.. in anycase thanks so much for the other suggestions. but i guess ill just have to figure this out on my own. maybe ill just turn a hard drive into a sub and call it good enough...

Bronze Member
Username: Bigred2069

Post Number: 70
ricky
are you related to bruce lussier?
he just became our new head football coach at father ryan, nashville tennessee

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 147
Ricky, no one was trying to be mean, 9x out of 10 someone new to car audio wouldn't know how to wire it, and would most likely do it wrong. He has to be picky about who he sells a sub like that to or like he said, someone will come to him all pissed and think he sold them crap. Don't take it personally.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
i dont think i am related to a bruce lussier
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us