When bass hit the 4 channel amp goes out

Username: Flipsta510fazn

Post Number: 1
i have 2 12's jl w6v2 and i have a 1000/1 amp runnin wit a battery and a mtx thunder old sko and when the bass hit hard when volume is a lil up my mtx goes out no words just the sub works does anyone knoe wats wrong thanks

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 118
Your power lead is too small. Should be running no smaller than 4ga if not 2ga. It sounds like your voltage is droping below 10 volts , when this happins your 4 channel is shutting down and the turn on delay is coming on. does the amp come back on like 3 seconds later?

Post Number: 2
okay when the bass hit real hard it cuts off and come baks on when the bass aint hittin that hard it come bak on im running 8 guage wire on the 4 channel amp wit the ground 8 guage also connected to the terminal of the batter i have in the trunk with the jl amp connect to the same terminal wit no cap what do u think i should do thanks???

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
I dont want to waste your time/money but if it were my system, I'd run 2ga.from the front Battery/Alt to the rear battery than 4ga. to the amps. This may not make it right but its how I would do it.
If that did not work, than I get a high amp alt.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8905
this is being caused by lack of current.

you need a few things:
high output alternator
2AWG power and ground for battery, alternator, and battery to amplifiers.. then you need a distribution block to drop to smaller 4ga for teh JL amp and 4 or 8ga for the MTX
you may also need to reduce the gain settings on these amplifiers if they're set too high.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Thought I said that?

Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 10
Lois how many amp. does your ALTERNATOR gives? (the one you use for your car)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8920
dunno. I just raed the initial question.

his stock alternator rating won't matter much.. it's the reserve that stock alternator has after the car's systems use what they need that's mroe important, and that's usually not much.
especially in newer imports

Post Number: 3
i think its the amp cuz i just change the wire to a 4 guage from the battery to the amp and when it hits it just cuts till base is done...
Now the question is
what kind of 4 channel amp should i get??
i want to run 8 speakers (6)sets of 6.5 and and a pair of 4x6 and i dont want any wining noise on it what amp will push it loud real loud besides the jl 300/4
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us