MTX 12's !?

Username: Daver23

Post Number: 2
Hey Guys,
I realize this isn't really a car audio question, but I'm not getting any responses anywhere else. I figured we're all bass buffs, so....
I just purchased two 12" MTX T61244A Dual Voice Coil (8 Ohms) car subwoofers. I have two floor speakers hooked up to my home stereo. The reciever is a Sony STRDE-685 reciever (100W x 5). I want to take the two 12" out of the floor speakers, then put the two MTX in. I know that hooking up the subs will work, but what I don't know is how good they're going to work. Anyone have experience in this situation. I would like to get a nice clean thump out of them! Also, both speakers are within three feet of a computer and a T.V., is this going to really affect either?

kklagge
Unregistered guest
What's it going to take power wise to drive the MTX's compared to what you are taking out of the existing speaker (what kind of woofer are you replacing?)...you may have to crank that home stereo to the roof to get it to drive the MTX's (I have a couple of the 8000 series in my truck and it'll take nearly all of that 100 watts you have per channel to make them move).

Username: Daver23

Post Number: 3
The subs that are currently are in there a some old paper MGA subs. The speakers are actually from the 70's, but the cabinets are nice so I was going to replace all of them. The subs are rated for 250 RMS, 500 Watts peak. I'm not looking for super thumpy bass, just audible!?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us