You can only get so loud...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 301
I began my journey into the world of car audio about 6 months ago. I loved the heart pounding, ear splitting, gut rattling power of my friends' systems. I envied them, wanting my own someday. So, I ventured out looking for stuff to do this. I have noticed that slowly from that first day i ventured into it, until now, my desire for sound QUALITY being more and more prevalent. Sure, I like to have a kick in the chest when I want but sound quality is a must for any "music fanatic". People who are just starting out wanting pure SPL should be warned. Sure, it is great, I still love loud systems. But ask yourself this, would you rather go deaf, annoy the hell out of people, and get migraines all to impress and show off your car? Maybe you should consider going to more SQ setups. It might not be your thing right now, but soon after, and DEFINATELY later on in life you will want to turn off the Solo X's and round up some RE's or the liking. Just something to consider.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 791
haha sounds like what happend to me

pg
Unregistered guest
I agree with the SQ set-up also. What do you think about the older (2001) mb quart premium subs?? Or the older Pheonix gold amps for SQ?? I heard that PG and MBQ made good SQ stuff. What do you guys think??

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 545
ppi art series is one of the cleanest and crisp amps ever made....that would be what i ran if i was looking for s.q.....and the IDmax would be my first choice of subwoofer.

pg
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the advice Rob.

Where does MBQ and PG fit in??

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 856
mb quart is clean sounding...PG isnt the best but ya know..
Lol chris i started out that way to...hearing this guy burp 1 15 inch american bass vfl at 10000 watts for 5 seconds man got me hooked on spl...until ya know i really sat down and thought about it. Now i love sql lol. Not 2 loud but very clear

Bronze Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 99
I guess I skipped the spl stage (fortunately), but then again I still don't have anything to prove it...

Bronze Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 37
Quote:

"You can only get so loud..."

No you can't! It just depends on how much money you have ;)

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 394
or just have both by getting a really good sub and have great sq while being very loud.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 133
Well... yah you can only get so loud... there are limits, or millionaire's would be breaking the record all the time.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 390
How many care though....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us