Alpine R-Type

Bronze Member
Username: Tnilli

Post Number: 13
Ok so im pretty much avoiding the alphasonik's now after hearing people talk about them. I went to Mobile One today just to get an idea of some other subs. The guy working there told me if i listen to rock music that 1 10'' would be plenty of bass. So here's the set up he gave me.

SBRS102V - 10'' R-Type Alpine (sub + box) = $329.99
MRPM350 - 700 watt amp Alpine = $220.00
Amp Kit = $59.99
LOC Converter = $25.99
$1 install = $1.00
Total = 634.99

Plus i might throw in some SPS171A Alpine component speakers (just the front two speakers and the tweeters) for abotu $249.99.

I was hoping someone could tell me if this is a good set up and deal. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 942
Wow, 635 dollars.... You can get all that online for like 300-350. Im not sure how much that amp goes for though but I bet you can find something better for cheaper.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 943
And im talking about brand new.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
When you mean online do you mean like e-bay?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2706
As far as 1 10 will give you plinty of bass, I guess it just depends on how much bass you really want.
As far as the sub, its a great sub, but you can get it for around $120 brand new. I wouldn't go with a Alpine amp though, not the best... a little overpriced/overrated.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2707
A good site to look at is www.sonicelectronix.com thats where I got all my stuff.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 944
No not e-bay im talking about online stores like wooferetc and ikesound

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 945
And you can find some great boxes on e-bay brand new made by poeple who just like to build boxes and sell them. You can find boxes for like 20-45 bucks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Ok so about the 1 10'' sub...i listen to lots of rock and i just need a quick response sub with lots of punch...i'm more interested in SQ than anything. And, if the sub is good but the amp not...what kind of amp would you recommend? I thought you kinda are supossed to stay same product for subs and amps.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 947
Nah doesn't matter really if its the same brand or not.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
So is one sub going to be to little or should i go with 2 10's?

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 956
One is fine. You could even go with one 12" if you wanted to.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Cool...and also...if you said the amp wouldnt be that great...could you recommend a better brand powerful enough for that sub?

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 959
Give me a little bit to think about it.

Bronze Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 17
I will tell you this. if u are interested in somthing to just make u happy.. like not competition worthy or anything, then you will be extreamly happy with the type R. I just finished my set up with two 10" type Rs in a slot ported box.. and DAMN it makes me happy! Hits hard and clean. I think it sounds good with rock, rap, even techno. As for the amp I found my alpine MRD605 for like 150 dollars cheaper than most places. I bought it for 255 with free shipping from caraudioimage.com, where as like Crutchfield wanted 399 for it. They have the amp u were lookin at for 134.00. That site is perdy good.. they shipped it out that day and it arrived in three days. Also u can find a 10" type R 2ohm from hookedontronics.com for 84 dollars.. also a good site. Anyways hope this was a help to you!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
OH wow thanks. I will definently look into it.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 961
Don't buy A sub until you know what amp your getting I warn you. So that way you can buy the coil config accordingly.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 962
And also do you know what kind of box you want? If its going to be ported your going to need to have an amp with a sub sonic filter.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I believe im going to do sealed...i hear thats the best for the punch i want in rock music.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3390
"And also do you know what kind of box you want? If its going to be ported your going to need to have an amp with a sub sonic filter."

What happened to external crossovers? Harrison Labs also makes little rca in-line FMOD filters. They work great as sub sonic filters (a subsonic filter is a highpass filter with a low crossover point)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Ok so if it was between Memphis Subs or these Alpine r-types which would be better?

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 527
dude i have 2 '05 type r 12's, and a alpine mrd m501.....they are brand new in box...never used....id sell them for $475

Bronze Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 20
idk bout the amp u were lookin at, but i know the v12 series have the subsonic filter if u were still intested in alpine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Thanks rob, but i think the 12's might be too much for what kind of music i listen to. :-/

But i've been searching around and i've narrowed my choices to alpine, memphis, and RE. Dont know which is best, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 533
alright cool...if your interested in the amp get back to me...ill shoot you a good price on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Alright will do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us