Great Woffer

proks
Unregistered guest
I have a lot of money and im looking for a great subwoofer i want SQL and SQ, i need some segjestions to look into and posibly amps to power

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 52
go w/ Jl audio if you have the money.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 556
Eclipse Titanium. And it's spelled woofer. :D

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4584
In order of my fav to worst

Eclipse Ti
RE X.X.X
ID max. ANY
Avalanch...only heard once, ported, not very impressed, but guy didnt really know what he was doing, so could be higher
Eclipse AL, Atlas
jl audio 12w7
jl audiow6v2

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 574
ooh, and no brahma, sub? i'm hurt.

Adire Brahma
RE XXX
ID Max
Sound Splinter RL-P
Avalanche
Eclipdse TI
JLw6v2

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4587
mike i would def say the brahma if i had heard one, but i dont like to say somen i havent heard

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 576
i can dig it.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4589
i have one, and havent hear it, how sad

proks
Unregistered guest
Ok so a) need brahma website

Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 6
i can't testify these for being the best, but infinity perfect 12.1's seem to get no props here. i had two 12's hooked up to a fosgate punch 800.2 and they were the best things i heard on the street personally. my woofers and amps were stolen, but i loved them so much that's what i just bought again. the SQ was amazing and they hit very hard too. sitting in the back seat with the volume half way up it made you feel like you were really gonna throw up. like i said, i can't atest to the subs everyone else is reffering to, but the infinity perfects are great subs........

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 377
they have good SQ but can't hang with the big guns in SPL

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 85
just one sub or can u have multiple? if you can have more then one then get 2 or 3 W6's. it would sound awesome

toba
Unregistered guest
well who would u say are the top guns and whats brahmas website

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 277
If you've got the cash get the DD 9500. Fairly safely, the only one on the forum, although I could be wrong about that.
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=9500f

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 610
brahmas are made by adire
http://adireaudio.com
no pics and such because of their complete new line of products, but the stats are there. also, the prices are msrp. thus, they will be significantly lower when they release.
last, the brahmas are still killers, but are no longer the "flagship" sub. the Tumults are now.
"what the pork rind is a Tumult"? was wondering the same thing just now typing.

Tumult- a state of commotion and noise and confusion
violent agitation
commotion: the act of making a noisy disturbance

(fyi)

proks
Unregistered guest
So if i get 1 18inch what should i get to power this gigantic thing

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 285
a breeder reactor :-)

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 612
all the tumult 3" VC are rated at 1000rms, so it dependes on what size enclosure, ported/sealed, you are considering. i'd wager it wouldn't be less than 1200 watts easy.

proks
Unregistered guest
see im kinda new at this, and like the whole ported thing i dont know what i should do and what not to do.....so i kinda need help lol

toba
Unregistered guest
so if i get a 12inch tumult i should get what to power it?

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 163
From all the research I've done here on the net... I'd say you definately want to at least LOOK at the Digital Designs website!!! I'm telling you, pretty impressive assembly! Like someone else above said: If you've got the cash... phuk'n do it! I know I would!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 397
the tumult is a home audio driver with an extremely low Fs...that means it will go LOW...reallly low

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 87
has anyone heard the new brahma? how do you think it matches up to the IDMAX12 V.3?

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 88
SQ wise and SPL.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4328
Hard to say, haven't heard the new Brahma, but from the specs I'd guess that the new Brahma will have better performance in the upper bass region than the last version did, not that the last was bad, it just had a rolloff and was harder to match to a 2 way set. I'd expect similar tonality and lower bass performance compared to the last one. ID Max and Brahma are on similar terms in SQ, both are very accurate and musical, just boils down to preference.

SPL wise, I'd have to give that to the ID Max. Stronger motor, suspension is tailored to ported boxes, big surface area and more displacement than the Brahma, higher efficiency, and higher power handling as well. Not a lot of difference in overall SPL, but the ID Max does have a displacement advantage and a suspension advantage that gives it a slight edge.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1831
Avalanche 15 or RE SX ?

For rap music and spl in my friends car. Hes trying to decide.

toba
Unregistered guest
whats idMax website?

proks
Unregistered guest
k, so heres my thinkin, my one buddy has 1 type r woofer, now i want a sub that will bend that sob over and well, u get the picture lol, i want somthing that will out perform that, and now im lookin into brahma, and idmax(once i get that damn site), and i supose re xxx i need some "goldmemebers" lol who knwo there stuff to help me through this, i have a system running right now, but it was pure gifts so its nothign great, but now i got money and want a good system going here, so thx for everyone who helped or is goig to help......remeber no golve no love....what my father told me HAHAHAHA

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
Just because they're a gold member means nothing. It just means they post a lot. I've been into car audio for years.

A Type-R is NOT hard to beat. The RE XXX, Eclipse Ti or Al, Rockford Fosgate T1's, etc will blow it out of the water. The RE will be loudest, then Eclipse, then RF.

If you just want to be loud, put two in a ported box with plenty of power, and I promise you it'll be louder. Those Type-R's are for SQ, not SPL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 604
I'm already over 600 posts? W00T W00T! Less then 400 more and I'll be gold... close enough.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 167
Someone above asked about the Image Dynamics website... (I guess it was Toba)
- well it's: imagedynamicsusa.com

proks
Unregistered guest
Alright sounds good, ill get an re xxx but this baby will need a lot of juice, what are u guys recomending i get to power this mother?

Bronze Member
Username: Jechapk

Post Number: 17
wall outlet?

proks
Unregistered guest
lol, funny, but seriously help me out hahahah

proks
Unregistered guest
lol, funny, but seriously help me out hahahah
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums