GlassWolf / System Check for Upcoming Install

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1848
I have a 95 Mitsubishi Montero and my trunk space is 30"W x 38"D x 42"H / Only have 30" W because of the folded seats in the cargo area thats folded up on each side of the car. I only have 15" of Height under where the seat folds up but with out the seat its 42"H.

I have a installation possibly on monday/tue or wed of this week coming up. Here is what im getting installed.

Eclipse CD8454

Image Dynamics CXS62 Chamoleons

PPI White Art 300.2 for componants

Avalanche 15 / Going sealed at 2.5 cuft and one place quoted me $250 for it so i think thats pretty expensive.

I have KnuKonceptz 1/0 wiring kit along with there distribution blocks of 1/0 gauge main lead into 2 4 gauge outs and negative dist block of 2 1/0 in and four 4 gauge outs so i can work with that.

CrossFire VR1000D for the Avalanche 15

and Eclipse Ti 15 coming in about one week to run off a Eclipse DA7122 matching amp.

Right now i have everything stock speakers with stock headunit and 6 disc cd changer in trunk and the stock hu has a tape deck also.

Is there anything you recommend i should get or mention to the installer ?

P.S. I still am gonna get a box built for that Ecilpse Ti here is what eclipse tech recommended.

4.75 cuft box with a port of 15"W x 3"H x 18'' L

Is that possible with my dimensions of 30"W x 38"D x 42"H

Thanks for your time.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3340
Just wondering MO, your not planning on running the Avalanche and the Eclipse both in your car are you? I can't see how you'd have any trunk room anways, but still, you never know. I don't think the two combined would sound very good.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8800
should be fine.. tight fit though.
I'd have gone with twelves myself so they'd fit under the jump seats.. just me though.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1850
Joe, im just going with one sub at a time. The Avalanche 15 with that 2.5 cuft. sealed box will fit easy.

After i hear the Avalanche 15 i will put in my Eclipse Ti 15 with the DA7122.

Just have to have the 4.75 cu ft. box built to fix that cargo area with the jump seats i was mentioning.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3343
Yeah, I figured that was what you were gonna do. You gotta tell us how it all sounds.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 198
Looks good overall. Should sound great. $250 for a sealed box that you could make for $30-45 tops seems ridiculous, but it's up to you. The most I could see paying for a box like that at a shop would be around $130. If you figure $20/hour for labor it shouldnt take him longer than 4 hours to do it, unless he's complete dolt. That's $80 for labor, figure $30 for MDF, screws and liquid nails or whatever he uses. $15 for carpet/paint. That how i see it, but the choice is yours.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1854
I know dave, i will have to find a place to build me a box since i dont have the time or tools. I will have to find a box for it or have one built. Worse case scenario i will just wait off until woodlawncabinetry.com builds me one. Phil built me my last box for a 12w6v2 ported 1.5 cu tuned 32hz and it cost me $105 plus shipping. I may have him build me all my boxes but i will have to wait off a week or so till its ready.

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
www.thecaraudiobox.com if you want a real quality enclosure done by someone who knows box building.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1857
Hey dave, have you had any boxes built by them before ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
MO, I build all of my enclosures myself, however i've seen many enclosures built by Mark (TCAB box builder) and his designs have amazing success. Just to let you have an idea, he quoted a friend of mine for $225 shipped for a ported box for 2 Type S 12's...the same box he uses which pulled a 151.xx on the new TL. If you're looking for an all out SPL box or even an SQL or Sq box he can do it.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1860
I appreciate the site you gave me. I went ahead and emailed them for a price quote on a box for a 15 Ti. I dont compete for spl but i want it loud and clean. I guess SQL box for my montero SUV.

I know he does carpet finish and paint glossy finish which looks like fiberglass finish but that costs more.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1862
Isnt the Eclipse Ti a SQL sub ? I was thinking it gets really loud and stay clean. I know the box can be built to what your application is. I just wanna be loud as possible and have good sq also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
Just let TCAB know exactly what you want from your sub and the box will be designed accordingly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us