Viper- Inside Pizzo siren setting off Glass break Detector?

Username: Waverider

Post Number: 2
Ok so I have a viper 690xv installed. I have a Pizzo siren mounted inside middle ac vents. I also have a glass break sensor (506t) mounted at the bottom of my center councel. Seems that every time the warn away chirps go off (durring light impacts) the alarm goes off in full trigger mode. I'm asuming its the pizzo inside causing the noise which is picked up by the glass sensor and tripping full alarm. Any way to get around this? If I make the glass sensor less sensative then it doesn't pick up taps on glass with metal. Hmm.

Post Number: 3
anyone??

Unregistered guest
The pizzo airens are setting of the alram. If you purchased the alarm from a dealer they should have told you that the glass break sensor would pick up the pizzo siren everytime you arm the alarm. When you arm the alarm the pizzo go off just as the chirp on the outside of the car. The glassbreak sensor thinks the high pitched pizzo siren is actual the glass breaking, which makes a high pitch sound also. So the deal should have informed you of this, unless they just wanted your money for the installs. I have the pizzo and had to forgo the glass break sensor. It it is not to late, i would call or go back to the dealer and ask about the Invisibeam Field Disturbance Sensor, which may be a better alternative if possible.

jdshields_972@yahoo.com

Post Number: 4
Actually I was the one who asked to have both of those items installed since I bought them off ebay before I had the alarm put in. Isn't there anyway to make them play nice together. Perhaps if I put the glass sensor closer to the side glass and turn down the sensitivity? How does this inviso beam thing work? I thought it was more for convertables.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us