GoldMembers only: What is your setup in your personal ride?

Silver Member
Username: Invictuz

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 134
All the gold members (Glass, Sean, Isaac, Jexx, Joe Smoe, etc...) have given a lot of advice to alot of folks on subs, amps, wiring, and everything in between but i have only seen a few list thier personal gear in thier vehicles...

So here it is:

GOLD MEMBERS: What do you have in the vehicle you drive on the weekends or your daily driver. No tow or competion vehicles (unless you drive the comp regularly).

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4621
want me to list all the systems i put in it?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 763
lol im almost gold member...sorry but sub list em i wanna know

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 714
I too am not a Gold Member, but i feel i got a gold member calibur system, if you wanna know.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4623
These are my major systems
at the moments, its a jl 1000/1 and a 12w7 in a slot ported box tuned to 31 hrtz, with 2 6.5 pioneers as a front stage powered by a sherwood amp, no rear deck allowing for more spl. All of this run off of a Kenwood KDC-1028

before this i was running a 15 inch x.x.x powered by a hifonics bx1500d amp in a slot ported box tuned to 32 hrtz. This was run with a Kenwood KDC-MP922 and same speakers up front but without the amp.

Before that, i had the 15 inch Eclipse TI powered by my interfire IB2900C amp run at 2 ohms bridged in a PVC ported box tuned to 32 hrtz with 2 sanyo speakesr up front.

My first "appreciated" system was my 10 inch eclipse al 88100 series powered by my interfire IB2900C amp run at 4 ohms bridged in a sealed 1.3 cubic feet box. pioneers were in at that time.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8681
please don't cross-post
this was alrady asked in the amplifier section.

Silver Member

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 139
yes, Glass it is. Not everyone reads both sections and i feel it is a valid question for both sections

Silver Member

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 140
Glass, as you can see in both posts different people answered...

Chris and Comp what do you have (gold should be 500+ and there should be a platinum level after 1000)

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8706

cross posting is stil almost as annoying as most of your posts.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 619
well since you said 500+ posts i guess ill write what i have as well
Stock speakers in my Eclipse(left my mom my pioneers and infinities..well i kinda blew up the factory speakers with my amp :-))
MTX 9500 12" sub in a sealed box made to MTXs ported specs(dont ask)
MTX Thunder 942 amp(well its in sometimes im still waiting on my 0/1 gauge wiring)
Alpine CDE-9843(nice head unit for being so cheap in price)
In all paid about $620 bucks for amp/head unit/sub/wiring/and wood for box(i consider it a pretty good system for that budget)

Silver Member

Post Number: 771
ok yall 2 tell u the truth...i aint got a system lmao, im just 14 and its hard 4 me 2 keep money ya know.
Soon i will get a job and get me a system depending on my budget.
Dont get me wrong, i have heard many systems, installed many systems and help pick some systems, so i know my stuff.

On a side note, il get most of my stuff from my niegbor cause he dont know nuttin bout car audiuo except hookups lol and i can get the 6 or 800 watt amp stable at 1 ohm for like 100 or less cause he dont know ohms lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 772
lol how much did u get that sub for quick shot

Silver Member

Post Number: 773
oh and sorry fora triple post but my first install 4 myself might be a 12 inch DD 2500 or 3500 depending on what i can afford ported 2 thier specs

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3314
It's kinda hard to know your stuff if you've never even owned a system...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3719
yeah I agree Joe I have learned most about different models of subs/amps/HU's/x-over's/ect from my own tests over the years.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 621
i paid $165 shipped off ebay(their some good @$$ deals on that) for the MTX 9500

Silver Member

Post Number: 774
well yea true joe but ya know ive installed so many and did like a years worth of reaserching every day for like 3-4 hours a day so i know enough

Silver Member

Post Number: 717
I am currently running 4 RE12's powered by a Zapco Reference 500.1, DLS Iridium 6.2 components powered by a Zapco Reference 200.1. I also have a Nakamichi CD-400 with all symbilink wiring for a 16 volt balanced connection to my amps.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3728
thats a nice set up chris:-)

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3320
Yeah man, do you have pictures of it?

BTW, how do the RE's sound? Have you had your system metered? I'm just curious as to how loud Resonant's entry level subs get.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8732
every time I see this thread topic, I think of Austin Powers.

scary

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 157
Please dont say i'm not gold. I am a Gold Member if you count my posts under "daviszac", "zacdavis", and "zacdavis~". Plus, I've been posting in this forum before there was even a tab on how many posts we've made. I remember when glass was a newbie lol. But the same goes for him and others (sean) as well, he posted in countless threads without any record of post number. Glass probably has over 10k posts lol. Speaking of you, I thought you were going to bring your car to a competition this year. I think the next one is in Baraboo, Wi. We'd really enjoy your company at a show. I'm sure you'd have fun, its been long enough since you've been to one, its time to make the trip man.

anywho....My daily driver setup is in a Ford Explorer. I have the Pioneer AVH-P7490DVD 5.1dts surround sound indash unit. The mid/highs include a set of Kenwood 6x8 Excelons for rear fill while a set of Boston ProSeries 6.53x's take care of the front stage. A chrome PPI PC4800 runs them.
As for the subs, well they are a little overkill.
I've got 4 DigitalDesign 9515's and 2 MMats 3000.05's This truck sounds great with the subs attenuated about -24db lol. It does over 155db on the TermLab. But does even better on 5.1 movies :-)
Truck doesnt look half bad either, I've got clear corners all the way around with billet grills and 22" wheels.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 932
^^^=badass setup

Silver Member

Post Number: 726
I dont have a camera, but i did ask a friend if i could borrow their camera and they said that i could anytime. I will see if i can borrow it today actually(crossing my fingers). I find the RE's to have great SQ and to be really loud. They are EXTREMELY PUNCHY. I still am going to mess around with moving the enclsoures around to see if i get any added effects.

Comming from my last setup with 2 15" TDX's i think it is alot louder and punchier. I do know that if i would have been using more power then my zapco they would have been louder, but i didnt want to mod anything on my car like the alternator.

As far as getting them metered, i just got the subs in my car yesterday and i dont know anywhere around where i live that will do it.

I was thinking about getting a audiocontrol epic-1 60. But i dont know if it is really worth it. Does anyone know how accurate the SPL readout is??? Also, does it even help out with the bass???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us