I need the dimensions on Alpine Type-R 12's

Username: Supermanluvsya

Post Number: 1
I know they have the dimensions on the site but they don't tell me the vent size. I have the book and it says the vent demensions but it also says "vent length=22.75 in." but how can that be if the box is only 18" wide?

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 505
http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/ported-box.asp

youll want 2.6ft^3, tuned around 32-36Hz and your displacement will be .7 per sub(or 1.4 for both)...then just type in the space you have and there it is.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 532
the new or old r's?

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 165
make the vent area bigger, or make an L shaped vent

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 537
accually a bigger vent would have to be longer.. but that is what u do turn the vent around one of the corners and use the centerline of the vent to measure

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 180
mark s. a bigger vent would be shorter, a 4 inch vent 25 inches long is the same as a 5 inch vent 20 inches long. or if you make a rectange vent and say you need a 5 x 10 rectange 20 inches long, you could make it 6 x 12, then make it shorter, as long as the overall volume is the same. Making the vent bigger, makes it shorter Sorry.

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 547
dude .. lets say you have a 2 cu ft box.. a 4 inch port 25 inches long would tune it to around 24 hz.. if you uped the port size to 5 inches and made it 20 inches long it would tune it to around 33 hz, maybe its just me but thats hardly the same.. if this were the case we cause we could all use giant ports that were convienently 4 inches long for a 30 hz tune and we would have to worry about port noise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us