Several questions for the experts

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 290
Hi again, I have several questions I am wondering about and hoping people will have the answers to them.

#1. For (2) RE12's and 225rms to each sub, would a sealed box do fine? (Good quality, bass, etc.)

#2. With 2 Re12's, would people reccommend sound deadening my trunk area? Will that improve SQ/SPL?

#3. How would 2 RE12's with 225rms apeice compare to 1 12SE with 450rms? (I think I will go with the 2 RE12's but just making sure there isn't a major difference in SPL/SQ)

#4. My friends Kenwoods 12" subs with 200rms apeice or so are deeper and slightly louder than my Sony's, should the RE12's be louder/deeper than the Kenwoods?

#5. With my sealed box, I think the air escapes just a little around the rim of the subwoofers, when I get my new ones should I do something to stop that and what can I do?

Sorry for the long list of questions, any help is appreciated!

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 812
k
1 225 watts is a lil 2 much i think but sealed will do
2 yea them might pound a bit
3 it should compare the same
4 yes they should
5 non hardening caulk

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 291
awesome response thanks! Ok, so would the sound deadening stuff help my SPL and SQ and where can I buy this non hardening caulk? Thanks again!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8857
1 yes but ported will be louder, and hit harder for deep bass thanks to cabin gain.
2 if you mean with something like dynamat, it'll help reduce some resonance, which is always good. It improves efficiency which means less power to get the same SPL.
3 using two subs will give you +3dB over one sub getting the same total power as both would get.
4 you should fare better than the kenwoods.
5 clear silicone in a caulk tube. it's non hardening. run a bead around where the sub seals to the box, and allow it to cure. Then install the sub. Other solution is to cut out a rubber or cork gasket to seal the sub to the box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us