Glass/someone help.

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 75
alright im getting 2 05 cvr's, prolly running to a mtx 942.2 amp, this thing says 470watts rms x 2 at 2ohm, uhmm does this mean each sub has to be 1 ohm or each be 2ohm? in other words, each channel has a 1ohm load or each channel has a 2ohm load? i know this question sounds pretty stupid, im pretty sure each has to be a 2ohm load to get that power but im just making sure before i buy.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 727
That amp would put out that 470watss in stereo through both channels at 2 ohms per channel. The new CVR's. Unless the subs are the 15" ones you will be overpowering them running it that way. The 10's take 200; 12's take 400; and the 15's take 500 rms.

RMS of that amp after looking around at 12.5 volts is only 350. It will not be 470 constantly, and at that 14.4 volts that the 470 is is not rms power. So you do have some options. I do hope that you got the 12's.

I dont know for sure if they can handle the exta wattage. If noone else posts i would start a new thread and ask.

Silver Member

Post Number: 728
Disreguard the last sentence that i wrote, as i didnt research the amp before typing in.

Silver Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 137
yes, for the subs to get the full power of that amp it will have to be a 2 ohm load on each of the channel. so if you got 2 dual 4 ohm subs and wired each of them in parallel each one would be running at 2 ohms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
yeah i know the 470 rms is just a dynamic power rating... but i have the 12"s

Silver Member

Post Number: 734
They would still be underpowered even though you have the 12's and are wiring them down to 2 ohms, but you have to be able to do it first. What are the subs ohms???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
dual 4 ohm, but 30 watts isnt gonna kill me.... or should i look at the dual 2ohm ones and get a mtx 8001d?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us