05 kicker cvr's?

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 69
I have a question, ive done research but now im sort of stuck. i was wondering... im getting 2 12" cvr's putting in a sealed box with polyfill, but dont know what amp to get.. was looking into the audiobahn a8002t's and a8000t's i mean if i get the dual 4ohm models of the cvr's i can wire each to 2ohm and put each on the a8002t audiobahn amp and supposively get 400 watts rms. but then again i can get the dual 2ohm ones and wire them in parallel or whatever it is to give me a 2ohm load and the a8000t amp is a mono amp. that supposively gives me 400 rms as well. but the thing i dont get is how would i go about connecting the wires to the terminals on the back of the other sub when the box i have is dual chambered.. plus which one would be better the mono amp or 2 channel?

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 318
it dosen't matter as far as the amp, you could also look into MTX 942.2 or MTX 801d, those amps would also be good for that set up

Confusious
Unregistered guest
get a monoblock class D amp for efficiency Shawn. Each of those 05cvr's are rated 400rms. The 2 x dual 2ohm VC can give u 2ohm or the 2 x dual 4ohm VC can give you 1ohm. So the amp u really need is ED NINe.1 Great in 2ohms (>800rms) and also stable on 1ohm (>1000rms).

Personally i'll wire the subs (if it's 2 of the dual 2ohmVC u r gettin) to 2ohm coz' running the amp on a 1ohm load (if u decide to go with 2 x dual4ohm VC) can get hot. I don't like to fry eggs on my amp. I like it cool so my equipment last longer over the years. Just MO. later dude

ohh..btw what's the internal volume each enclosure of each sub? Listen to the bass with and without the polyfill b4 deciding on it.

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 320
yea well both the 801d and the 942.2 will work, MTX is a great company to go with if your not looking to go all out, and by you posting the audiobahn amps im guessing your looking for a quality amp for the money, well if you get the DVC 4ohm subs, you can either wire it to make 1 4ohm load and run the 942.2(940wrmsx1@4ohms)to the subs, but that rms rating is at 14.4 volts so in reality it will be around 780wrms, or you could wire each sub to make a 2ohm load and run that same amp(942.2) in 2 channels which will put out 470w rms @2ohms to each sub(those numbers are also 14.4 v, so in reality if you don't have a alternator upgrade it'll be right around 400, which is perfect

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 70
i think im going to get the mtx 801 D i can get a used one on ebay cheaper then the audiobahn amp. plus its a class D amp and i trust mtx's amp a little more then audiobahn. but i was wondering so the sealed box i have to cross the wires [ ][ ] through the middle divider in the box or could i just have them spiced from the terminals in the back of the box? do you guys get what i mean? wire them both up 1 ohm each then from the terminals in the back connect pos to pos and neg to neg then go into the amp giving me a 2ohm load if im not mistaken.?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us