Car amp suggestion

got CMKX?
Unregistered guest
hi, i have bought the Panasonic MXE CQ-C9901U
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bUcrMHqj8pu/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=133C9901

my problem is that i have a F250 truck with all power seats and i have no where to put an amp without it being an eye sore. it says that this head unit has a built in amp.......do any of u think this amp will be good enought to push the sound to my speakers? i bought new infinity speakers. or should i bite the bullet and get a separate amp?
thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 60
The amp in your head unit will be no where near powerful enough to power infinity speakers. The average HU amp puts out 20-30WRMS. You are probably going to need an amp if you want to get your moneys worth with the speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 547
Actually a lot of amps say that they put out 50x4 watts, but that is retarded max ratings. Most HU will put out 15-18 wrms, definitely not enough to run aftermarket speakers. I would definately look for an amp for those speakers. Bite the bullet man! :-)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8522
if the infinity speakers are reference series, the head unit will be "ok"
if you have kappas or kappa perfects, you really need an amp to make them sound half decent.

there's always a place for an amp (small 4 channel for the inside speakers) if you know where to look.
stop by a car audio shop (a good one, not best buy or circ city) and talk to a good installer.. see where he'd use for an amp.
get ideas that way.

got CMKX?
Unregistered guest
okay thanks guys....looks like i'll be amp shopping this week. LOL
thanks again, much appreciated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us