Xplod C700X wiring

James Tintilpop
Unregistered guest
i need a wiring diagram for a Sony Xplod CDX-C7000X ASAP

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1032
Upload

The only wire missing is the blue w/white stripe. It is the remote turn on wire for external amplifiers.

Note: This is the basic wiring color code for all aftermarket headunits.

James Tintilpop
Unregistered guest
i was also wondering if u would happen to know how the color of that differed from that of a 92 nissan stanza

James Tintilpop
Unregistered guest
i was also wondering if u would happen to know how the color of that differed from that of a 92 nissan stanza

Gold Member

Post Number: 1036
Don't cut the aftermarket harness if you haven't done so. You can still buy an aftermarket harness to go between the two.Upload

If you already have cut the harness, check out these links for wiring: http://www.streetdreams.com/wires/nissan/general.html
http://www.autotoys.com/New_Tech/Wire_codes/Nissan_wire_colors/nissan_wire_colors.htm

James Tintilpop
Unregistered guest
k so the back of the H/U is the black RCA hookup that is part of the H/U. on them there is a white tag that says sub out(mono) the thing is that both of them are white not red and white and i was hoping that you could tell me if this is where i would hookup the RCA cables for my 4 channel amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1041
Nah, you need to use the front and rear output RCA cables. The sub out is if you're running an amplifier for a sub. It puts out a very low signal (in hertz) and does not have stereo sound(thus being mono).

Username: Zhudlin

Post Number: 1
i am running my amp for my subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1045
Ah, all right then. Just hook up the amp to the sub mono output RCA cable. It doesn't matter how you do it because there will be no stereo seperation being sent out from the headunit.

harvey j
Unregistered guest
Need Help with kenwood!!!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 2
so start your own thread harvey

James Tintilpop
Unregistered guest
hey Jexx on the first pic u sent is the speaker wire green w/ black stripe or a green and a black wire

James Tintilpop
Unregistered guest
hey Jexx on the first pic u sent is the speaker wire green w/ black stripe or a green and a black wire

James Tintilpop
Unregistered guest

Gold Member

Post Number: 1058
Ah, each of the four wires is a pair. One wire will be a solid color(+) and the one with the black stripe is negative (-).

So basically, it's a solid green wire(+), and a green wire with a black stripe(-) that constitute the Left Rear speaker wires.

Post Number: 3
thanx

Post Number: 5
Jexx do u have a diagram for my H/U not a basic

Gold Member

Post Number: 1109
Well, that is the diagram for your headunit...

None of the other wires need to be hooked up.

Do you need help with another part of your headunit?

Post Number: 6
well Jexx, ive printed off every thing that u have given me and tommarow i will attempt to wire it. But i am going to wire it directaly to the stock harness instead of the harness from my last aftermarket unit. i already have the wires ran for my amp (power,remote,RCA) and i was wondering if u could give me any advice on how to wire it. Any tricks of the trade that could help me make this easier.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1112
It would be best if you wired it from the old aftermarket harness rather than cutting off the factory plug and wiring directly into those wires, if i'm understanding correctly(refer to the second diagram I posted). That way if you need to exchange decks in the future it will be much easier.

The first thing you want to do is disconnect the negative battery cable so you don't risk frying any wires or blowing any fuses.

Basically, once you get all of your wires crimped on, all you have to do is swap metal cages so when you slide the new unit in, it locks correctly. Then just rehook the battery and you're done.

Do you need help wiring external amps?

Post Number: 7
definately

Gold Member

Post Number: 1120
All right...this page will help you more than I could ever explain how to install one: http://electronixwarehouse.com/education/amplifiers/installamp.htm

Don't worry about the things they try to sell such as capacitors, it's false advertising so they can sell their products. Just worry about the install procedure, heh.

Also, if you have high speed internet, check this video tutorial out:http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-LMCGeobWy35/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_mo vie.html?format=wmv

Once again, ignore the products they're trying to sell such as amp kit etc. Sorry for the lame voice in advance.

Post Number: 8
right now m amp is in the trunck but im thinkin that mabey i want to put it underneath the passenger seat. but on the video says that u should put the power cable on the opposite side if i put it that close will it jack up my amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1122
Yeah, about that...I don't believe that anymore, I've tested it and couldn't get any audible distortion. Don't worry about how close the wires are. If the amp under the seat works best, then do it. There are reputable members on this board that have said the same thing-it doesn't matter how close you run the RCA and power cable.

Post Number: 9
is 24 gauge speaker wire too small for 500 w subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1134
A bit, yeah. 16 gauge would work perfectly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
do u know where i could get an online owners manule

Gold Member

Post Number: 1136
For the amp or headunit?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i need it for the headunit i bought the amp new and the H/U from my uncle and he lost it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1139
The best I can do is a service manual, download it here:
http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2TUJ0YAQHCCFT2VSYD8ODHIKPH
That link will only last a few weeks, so be sure to keep it saved in some way for future reference.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
that onw didnt work it is in symbols

Gold Member

Post Number: 1154
I guess it wouldn't have been much help anyway, Ehostler(another member of this forum) might be able to help you with finding a manual-he's good at that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
hey man thanx i used the links and it worked i didnt end up moving the amp wut i rewired it and i was successiful. thanx for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us