My first system is ALMOST complete! And another question...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 251
Well, approaching the completion of my first system. It is in a Mitusbishi Lancer. Here is what I have:
8 gauge power wire, 18 gauge speaker wire.
Pioneer Premier 460 HU
(4) 3 way Pioneer speakers, 35wrms apeice
Alpine MRP-350
Sealed box
2 12" Sony Xplod's 300wrms apeice (this is one of the last parts to my system is to upgrade these)
peel and seal (will be doing that this weekend)

Did it for about $750 including install (no idea what I was doing at first, I could have done it now though). The system is a mix of SQ and SPL. I want to keep the SPL but boost the SQ so I am gonna replace the woofers. I am thinking about 2 12" Kicker CVR12's dual 2 ohm VC's. They are very cheap and supposedly a good sub. I had also considered the 12W0's but they don't handle enough power. Comments on my system? How would those Kicker's fit in there even though they will only be giving 175wrms apeice? No choice really on that power, it's what I have to work with for now. Anyway, it's my first system EVER. It isn't perfect but I think I am doing pretty good. BTW, on the woofers I would like both for $150 shipped (ebay or whatever) so any other suggestions... bring them. (And I want 2 just in case I ever upgrade my amp so the subs will handle it, hints the kickers are my #1 choice)

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 917
You can find Cerwin vegas, alpine type S's, some lower mtx models for around that price also.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 703
I dont mean to be rude, but how can there be any SQ or SPL with those Sony's. Werent you the one that was asking about the CVR's and RE's??? It seemed like you had your mind made up right from the beginning and didnt really car what other people had said.

I think that you either need to find a new amp or look out for subs that need les wattage then the CVR's as you would only be giving them half of their recommend RMS.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 252
I considered the RE's and yes, I can see where you might think I had my mind made up. I wavered back and forth for a little bit. The CVR's will give me room to upgrade a little more. As far as how can there be any SQ or SPL with Sony's its easy, everything else about the system is a well balanced mix of both but the Sony's is straight out SPL, NO SQ. Sony's get real loud, louder than most people think (I think subfanatic can back me up here) but sound sucky doing it.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 349
only problem is when they get real loud they... " Xplod "
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us