1-8" less than 6 1/2" deep
2-6 1/2"
2-5 1/4"
2-4"x6"
2-4"
2-3"
2-2"
Gonna go with the Alpine IVA-D900 Head unit
Not sure which amps or crossovers I need but space is a major issue so I need the smallest equipment with the best quality. I was also wondering which brand of speakers I should go with. I don't have all the money in the world but I would like to shake a full feild of people with my system or let people know I'm comin before they see me by rattling their windows. Trying to keep costs under $7,000 cheaper than that would be better. I mostly listen to hip hop, R&B, Classic and modern/Heavy Rock. Any Ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4705
good head unit.
bad idea to piss off other people with your system.

speaker selection is crap.
get real subs, and good amplification, and your component selection is massive overkill.

you'd do far better with about four 12" subs in back in a custom enclosure, separate amp for each sub.
then use a 4 channel amp for components.
go with kick pods and 6.5" separates in front, and 6.5" coax in rear.
use an electronic XO from audiocontrol like the 6XS
beef up your charging system to handle the current draw.

that's your best bet.
your initial layout reminds me of a lot of system pipedreams I used to hear at the shop from 16 year old kids with mom's car and no idea of how to actually design a good system.. no offense. out of curiosity, how old are you?

Username: Blooba

Ellioctt City, MD USA

Post Number: 2
I'm 21 but I have changed my mind with the bass and I found some room for 4 8"s instead I'm only gonna pump it up all the way unless I'm not in it with the top down so that's why I just wanted lots of air moving. What do you think of diamond audio speakers? I don't have room for 12's or I would use them. I'm trying to keep a little storage space in my trunk. I've got a 350 amp alternator and thinking of upgrading to a dual battery system although my system would drain them both pretty quick.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4739
ah ok you wanna keep spave.. otherwise two 12" fit nicely in that area behind the rear bench.
the box would take that whole area though.
forget tubes and basslinks etc.. they're all low end solutions for "low fill" and not really meant to hit hard.
they're more to fill in missing low end for factory systems etc.
Diamond is very good.
consider using two high-excursion/long-throw 10" subs like RE triple X, Eclipse Ti, or similar, with adequate power (like 800 watts each RMS) and a good set of component separates up front amplified.
then use a good pre-amp/EQ and crossover.
that should be all ya need for a really tight system.
no need for all of the components you'd listed out above.
it's a common mistake for folks starting out to really go overboard not knowing what they really need for a good system
remember keep it simple. The more ya add to the system, the more you mess with imaging and soundstage, reflection, cancellation, phase shift, finding a place fo rthe speakers, etc..
a set of kick pods from Qlogic will hold a pair of good 6.5" separates in that Jeep without taking up all your space, and still gives ya great imaging.
consider that as a solution, and build your box downfiring in back, with room over the box, or under the rear bench for the amps and such.
head unit, and pre-amp can go in or under the dash.
forget the lousy factory spots like the :sound bar" or the 4" dash openings.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4740
Where are you in Md anyway?
I grew up in Fairfax, Va, and used to spend a lot f time in Md.. Rockville, Bethesda, Salisbury, all along the 270 spur, etc..
had lots of friends out that way.

kyle applegate
Unregistered guest
hey im in mt airy md and i'm from baltimore,
if you need some real help call my company adrenaline audio talk to chris at 301 524 1658
tell him kyle sent u i dont know why you want to go with quantity instead of quality but call us.

Anonymous

I HATE MY LIFE I HATE MY LIFE I HATE MY LIFE STOP YELLING AT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELP HELP HELP

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 115
you can't really have overkill on surround sound. Ever hear of the car "maybach"...Jay-z has one and it goes for over $400,000? I went to the international auto show in NYC and saw one. It has a 21 speaker surround sound. I think the people who designed that car know a thing or two about surround sound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
I would just stay away from the 4x6...go with all round speakers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
and get some real subs please. Do yourself a favor.

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 67
21 speakers? thats retarted unless its a stretch SUV or something. I've never heard of anything being recorded in anywhere near 12 channel surround sound. Sounds like a recipe for terrible imaging. To properly set up the sound stage on a 21 speaker system would probably take a team of engineers a decade or so. Just because the car cost half a mil doesn't mean the sound was done right.

Unregistered guest
hey, im just starting to set up my ICE install and am looking for a few hints. currently i have a range of speakers which im debating which ones to use in the install.
i hav 2 audiobahn 1000w subs
a set of 1200w 6x9
another set off 1000w 6x9
2 280w back door speakers (6.5")
a JBL bass tube
a Pro Plus 1000w sub
and a 1600w amp
im not intending to install all of these in my car and i do intend to get some sets of component speakers. wat would u suggest i keep and which component sets should i go for??

one last point, im heading towards the idea of mounting 6x9's in front and back doors along with set of component speakers in each door.......Good Idea???
thanks alot for reading, Dom

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 628
You never mentioned tweeters anywhere in your post, so you should have 4 of those.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 229
you don't really want all those speakers in your back doors, and you don't really want 6x9s up front. If you're gonna make door panels for the front, look at getting 3 way components and mount the woofer and midrange in the door.

domdude
Unregistered guest
ok thanks alot, ill do that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us