Kenwood ez700sr rating?

Username: Bigbadworm

San Diego

Post Number: 1
Was curious what people thought of this deck? I want it for the most part because of the built in Sirius tuner, but I also like the design of it. I've never owned a Kenwood so I'm not sure what to expect. For now in the Xterra will be a 12" Infinity sub, next will be Infinity speakers but I have to do it in baby steps.

San Diego

Post Number: 4
Does anyone have an opinion on this deck? Anyone on this forum have it in their vehicle?

San Diego

Post Number: 6
Has anyone even heard of this deck?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1026
It's all right I suppose. But a bit bare for features considering its price.

You can get any unit with an RCA auxiliary input and hook up a plug and play sirius tuner to it. Sirius ready just means it accepts a box that is specific to that unit or series. Considering the fact that the plug and play unit is around the same price and can be used in many more places than just one car, Sirius ready isn't much of a selling point.

San Diego

Post Number: 8
It's not just Sirius ready....it has a built in tuner that comes with antenna, so all I have to do is activate the subscription and I'm good. I didn't really want a plug and play mounted in my car, and also from what I understand with the antenna in homes, it needs to face an East window and where I would want it in the house, its a West facing window. I liked the deck cause it looked simple and already had a Sirous tuner built in.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1030
It doesn't matter where the antenna is aimed. You just get slightly better reception when it is pointing East.

That's a huge price difference just because it has a built in Sirius tuner. I'm sorry I didn't understand that when I first posted.

It's up to you, but personally, I wouldn't buy it for even fifty bucks. There is so much better out there price-wise and quality-wise, but if you don't want an external unit mounted to your dash somewhere, then buy it.

San Diego

Post Number: 9
Well please, by all means suggest some. I'm just a novice when it comes to car audio.What I want from my deck is to be able to hook up my Dell DJ Mp3 player to it and to be able to get Sirius no later than Jan of 2006 (stern fan). Ill be hooking up my 12' sub, amp, and speakers when I get them. I drive an 04 Xterra. Im looking around the $300 price range (ebay prices). Any suggestions would be great. thank you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1033
Yeah, the aux in w/RCA jacks on any headunit will work for your Dell DJ.

If you want a great deck, the Clarion DXZ945MP can be found on ebay for less than 300. In my opinion, it's one of the best deals out there-it even beats the Pioneer DEH-860mp everyone is raving about on this board. And the Pioneer is more expensive, currently.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us