Linear Motor Technology/New Sound Splnters

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 473
a promising read:
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2748

although SS is still working on the new supreme series sub w/this new motor to hopefully be introduced in September (keeping up w/the jones', XXX and Adire), here is the prototype.

i REALLY hope they maintain the current look of the original model.

Upload

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 474
*few*. ok. in the thread Mike says "Black anodized aluminum cone" (not white). so i can rest a bit easier.
35 mm one way excursion? save up

"So without further ado, the tentative build specifications for our first batch of LMT enabled drivers will be as follows:
Powdercoated black/grey chrome basket (not the typical 4/10/12 spoke, nor the Eclipse style as was used on the first prototypes)
TC 3 HP Motor
4 x (7.5" by 0.75") magnets
Dual 9.8" spider assembly
Linear Single Voicecoil @ 2 or 4 ohms (likely to be 2ohm, but 4ohm coils are already in inventory)
Black annodized aluminum cone
35 mm one way Xmax (near 3" peak to peak)
Power handling from 750 RMS to 2 kW peak"

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4507
its using a tc sounds motor, very good

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 913
yea isnt that motor supposed to have a BL curve flatter trhan the xbl^2??

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 914
and also whats the price range on these things..if their close to the price of te XXX i might be getting one instad of a XXX since both are supposed to come out at around the same time

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 475
while i love adire audio as a company and as a product, these subs have me really anticipating.
but as per mike:
"Price-wise, and please remember to give or take about $50, this driver is looking to come out at around $560 for the 15" model, and perhaps $500 for the 12 incher. Please remember these are preliminary estimates only, and when all is said in done this estimate may a bit off! It really depends on how these prototypes come out and what type of modifications (if any), we will be implementing. Of course, as I am fond of, I will offer price breaks when you buy a pair.

REVISED NUMBERS
Will be released in both 12" and 15" sizes
Will be built upon the TC3HP motor
Will offer up to 38.15 mm one way Xmax - True 3" peak to peak excursion!
RMS rating of 800 watts - Peak power handling of 2 kW.
Will use a 2ohm single linear voice coil
Will feature a powdercoated black/grey chrome basket
Will use 4 x (7.5" by 0.75") magnets
Will carry dual 9.8" spiders
Will sport super sexi black annodized aluminum cones

Some preliminary spec's for the 12" model:
Qts: 0.489
Fs: 22 Hz
Vas: 57 L
Sd: 501 cm^2

Some preliminary spec's for the 15" model:
Qts: 0.535
Fs: 20 Hz
Vas: 164.5 L
Sd: 851 cm^2

apparently Adire utilized a very similar technology for their drivers but trashed it due to inductance issues and distortion. however, these problems have been compensated for and the resulting bl curve is the flattest i have ever seen.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4510
apocalypse, i believe that the motor is better than the xbl^2 motor relatively speaking. but BL curve isnt like set on the xbl^2 motor, forexample the x.x.x uses it but curved the bl curve more to get more spl/sq into the sub but forfetted lower power handling to get that in the curve.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us