Confused...

Sammy Delgado
Unregistered guest
okay, my amp is stable at 4ohm mono(its a 2 channel amp) and i need the extra power from bridging an amp, but this website i was reading says when an amp is bridged, it sees the load half of what it really is(ex. 4ohm load looks like a 2ohm load to a bridged amp)is that right?

btw i was looking at wiring my subs(2dvc) to make a 4ohm load, then bridge the amp, am i going to blow up my amp?

Sammy Delgado
Unregistered guest
okay i read up on it and figure out(I THINK) what will happen, to my bridged amp, won't that 4ohm load look like a 2ohm load, and my amp isn't capable of that, so wont i need to wire my subs to present a 8ohm load, so when my bridged amp(at 4ohm) sees it it's a 4ohm load???

but again thats another problem because i don't think theres a way to wire 2 dvc 4ohm subs at 8ohm

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8297
bridging an amp doesn't actually put out any more power.
4 ohms bridged = 2 ohm stereo combined for power. bridging only helps if you have a single speaker that's a 4 ohm load and want full power to the one speaker. you have two DVC subs, so wire the coils in parallel to get a pair of 2 ohm subs, and put one sub on each channel of teh amp.
you'll get the same result as bridging the amp with less wiring work.

www.bcae1.com has a section on bridging that's very well explained, if you want to understand exactly what it is and why the amp sees half the load.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us