Help picking a sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigboat

Post Number: 30
im just trying to narrow down the choices here,
im looking for spl with some sq still in mind.
i was thinking either the ID Max, RE XXX, or the eclipse titanium. which of these subs will get the loudest?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 398
XXX will get the loudest...then eclipse then ID Max i think...but for SQ i believe that its the other way around

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 382
The thing with Eclipse Ti's, is you can put them in a ported box, and please any ganster. AND you can put them in a sealed box, and please any classic-rocker out there. I love Eclipse, and I don't think I'd go anything else, but that's just me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 409
yea from the little experience i have with eclipse thye seem to be flexible with their enclosures

Silver Member

Post Number: 410
hey jake how good are those Type X components because i was thinking about getting the Type Rs

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
I don't own them anymore, stupid me sold the Cherokee because I wanted to get another and put Eclipse in it. It had all custom box and everything, I wish I would have just sold the system (and kept the custom box and done some modifying) and put the Eclipse in it, but now I'm starting all over...

The X's were pretty good. Nothing compared to Eclipse, but four of those babies hit, but still not as hard as two of my Eclipses! They have good SQ, but I wanted SPL, and wanted to go Alpine for some bizzare reason, and it came out alright, just wish I would have kept them sealed...

Silver Member

Post Number: 427
nah man i wasnt talking about the subs i ment the component speakers lol

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 285
Quick shot, where would the avalanche fall in at?

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
mmm...only heard the avalanche once let me see peoople dont bash me
SPL
XXX>eclipse>avalanche>IDMAX
SQ
IDMAX>eclipse=avalanche>XXX

WC
Unregistered guest
SERVE ME BEEF

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
great thanks guys, it looks like im going with the xxx in a ported box

Silver Member

Post Number: 443
nice choice thats gonna be really loud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
quick question though how much louder will a xxx be with like a 1500 watt amp, compared to the eclipse ti with 750 watts (i think thats what there rms is), both in a ported box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 446
both are pretty loud...cant really come up with a good comparison but the XXX is noticably louder than the eclipse

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
ok thanks for the help

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
Yup. The components are noticable louder than the type-r's, but the type-r's are pretty nice too. I like MB-Quart or Eclipse better though...

Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 1
hey guys, im new to ecoustics, was planning on getting a pioneer/premier TS-W5000SPL. Any of you guys ever use or hear this sub in action? was planning on pairing it with a audiobahn A2300HCT amp. i think it would be a nice pair. I'm also gonna have a IDMAX12 D4 running off of a sony 1200watt (yeah, right) amp(which i will replace once i get the $$$). I bought a switch( http://www.directron.com/ledswfiberred.html )that im gonna run in the REM cable to turn off the premier, and flip the switch on when someone thinks their systems better than mine. Otherwise, i'm gonna use my IDMAX as my normal listener. any ideas or reviews on those subs? P.S. my friend has two power craptastiks MOFO-12's and 2 legacy 2400 watt amps. please god tell me i'll beat him.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
well, the xxx is no longer in production for a few months so new question?
i know id be sacraficing sq but would the re sx still be louder than the eclipse ti

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
Yes, it'd be a little louder. Just barely noticeable.

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
And the Eclipse is more effient. You can get louder, but it takes about twice as much power :D. If you give them 750+ watts RMS, they'll surprise you. I'm going to get a Zapco C2K9.0 so each sub will get 1,100 watts a peice RMS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 399
efficient? God I can't spele. :D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
so they will take more power than 750watts rms?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
the 12" ones

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
and can u get one eclipse ti down to one ohm, i think they sell as a 4ohm dvc, but i dunno woofersetc doesnt really say.

Silver Member

Post Number: 400
They will handle tons of power. As long as you don't clip it and it's good clean power, you'll be fine with 1,500 watts RMS to it. The 750 watt RMS is for each voice coil (they underrated these subs a lot, because they're effiecent). Call Eclipse for more information. They told me that information, and I've tested it :D. They've done extensive testing. But remember, your enclosure has a lot to do with the amount of power and the time you can give it that power before damage is done! And no, you can't get one Ti down to one ohm, the lowest is two. But with two of 'em, you can get 1, 2, 4, or 8 ohms. Trust me, you won't be dissapointed!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
so would feeding it 1000watts rms from an xtant x1001 be a good choice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
so would feeding it 1000watts rms from an xtant x1001 be a good choice, i know off topic a little

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
Off topic? That's a good question! What kind of enclosure will you be putting it in?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
ported, built to eclipse specs for the 12"

Silver Member

Post Number: 406
Yea, that should be fine. Just do a good break-in and turn it off every once in awhile and see if it's getting hot. It's ok if it feels a little warm, but if you can smell it, turn it off for a bit, and don't turn it up so loud! Don't let it clip/distort. You'll get to the point where you know if you're pushing it too hard. It'll sound nice with that enclosure and that power!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
ok great thanks for all the help

Silver Member

Post Number: 407
Sure thing, if you need me anymore, I have MSN, Yahoo! and AIM.

MSN: kd7nfr@hotmail.com
Yahoo: kd7nfr
AIM: kd7nfr

My computer is on 24/7, so if I don't answer, I'm probably not here! Peace man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us