Sony decks overheating ?

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 51
I own the Sony CDX-MP40 Deck and occasionally the music will just stop. The screen will still show the track playing but nothing comes from the speakers. I pull the CD out and its burning hot and so is the deck and the are around it. Has anyone had this problem ? and is it a problem that can be fixed ? (it usually happens on really hot days.)

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 172
pull that sony garbage out of your car with hot-mits and promptly smash it on the pavement. Problem solved. Unfortunately you now have two new problems: no cd deck and a pile of smoldering wreckage on the ground in front of you.

Bronze Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 65
well i know that but i realized that after i bought a sony and then it got stolen, and then stolen again and now then i got the current one (well current when it came out) I have to keep getting sony cause my insurance says i gotta get the same brand. Anyways back to my question above.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 176
back to your question above, the reason its hot is because Sony makes horrible head units. Every sony deck gets hot (that i'm aware of). You need to buy something different even if you lose some money. Anyway, you got mad theives up in canada, they're doing you a favor as long as they're only taking your deck. I have a suggestion for you: commit insurance fraud. Buy the most expensive sony deck you can find and then sell it on ebay. Then buy a good HU for you to use, just don't tell your insurance company that. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 970
How long does it take the deck to overheat?

Bronze Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 75
Well it doesnt happen all the time but when it does about 1 hr and 30 min of continuous play.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 978
Yeah, that's normal for most decks unfortunately...i'm surprised the Sony loses sound after that amount of time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us