Which Head Unit Should I get

Username: Frankie_sq

Post Number: 1
Hello Everyone,

I was thinking of getting an Eclipse head unit. I'm into SQ and am looking to really tune my car. I was looking at getting the cd5444, cd8454 or the new cd 8455. Now I now that the cd544 has both a P.EQ and a G.EQ and they can be used at the same time. I was wonder if anyone knows if the cd8454 has both the same features and if they can be used at the same time, also would like to know if the new CD8455 has the same setup. Write now I have a P.EQ in my head unit and need more tuning so I'm looking for one that does both. Also would like to know what the cd8454 has over the cd5444, from what I can gather is that it has manual time alignment a vf display and is 8v rather then the cd5444 which has 5v. Any information would be grateful

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 50
If you've got money to burn? Go for it, from what I've read,they are the best? On the other hand, If your on some sort of limit? take a look at the Pioneer 860! I just bought a second one for my other car. This HU is really by far the best hu I've ever owned. It's replaced my Alpine because its soooo much better! I love the build quality of the Alpines but there sound is so dam hard! No matter what I did, I could not escape the hard bright sound. Than came the 860, A dream come true! Its so smooth and stays very linear at all levels! It came with a mic and does an auto adjust for time,EQ,x-over and output level.HolySh*t,now every CD I play sounds good! At low levels the woofer hits and at high levels it does not get too loud. With the Alpine I had to always use the sub level to adjust for the right bass(I used it as much as the volume).The Pioneer works right with every type of music at any level. The only thing I've found I dont care for with the Pioneer is the tuner! The Alpine is better.

GoodLuck with your choice.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 971
How much did you buy your Pioneer 860 for?

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 58
$340.shipped off Ebay.

Silver Member

Post Number: 977
Wow, not bad.

Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 5
DEH-P860MP best deck on market hands down.

Silver Member

Post Number: 980
Once again, that's extremely subjective...

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 374
Alpine or Eclipse. Pioneer is sh!t.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 647
I just bought a 860MP, I haven't had it installed yet, but it's replacing my stolen 9813 Alpine.

I had a Pioneer some years ago and was very enamored with it, and thats why I bought Pioneer again. The ALpine I had was just a pain in the as.s as Benny Boy had stated earlier. Tons of bells and whistles, I just never had the patience or time to work with it.

Username: T0asty

Post Number: 5
the 860mp is a great deck better than the new alpine's by far. its sounds just as good as the Eclipse. The only better thing on the Eclipse is the suroundsound II and the memory stick thingy. But yeah they do cost alot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us