High SPL subs???

Bronze Member
Username: Rayb_satx

Post Number: 12
any recommendations?? without totally disregarding SQL....wut are some of the best SPL subs out there?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4390
RE MT, MTX 9500, JL W7, Eclipse Ti, Eclipse TI pro, RE XXX, RE SX, Audiobahn High excursion subs, MMATTS, Juggernaughts, Sig Series Death Penalty, These are all subs who have capabilities of getting louder than others, Some are also geared towards sql causwe you said without disregarding it. You can make alot ALOT of subs get real loud!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
haha score! yea....im gonna buy one sub for now, looks like im leanin towards a XXX, but i heard they were more for SQL, and im more of a SPL kinda guy :-) but i also dont want it to sound super crappy,so what would you say is better than a XXX for me if anything??

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4394
hmmm, really loud with some sq, id go with maybe an re sx, with the right power and box it can get louder than a x.x.x and hold a little less sq than it, i think its also cheaper lol, thats always a plus, also i heard a 12 9500 in a sledgehammer box, got pretty damn loud but had pretty bad sq lol, but yea a x.x.x is a great choice lol, but just to let you know dont rule the Ti out lol

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4395
ho yea, i forgot the orion hc22 sub or whatever its called, and the TEAM RF sub, dont forget dd9500 dd9900 and the dd 3500s are supposed to be great too

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
"ho yea" haha...im gonna use that for now on..jk..yea i heard that sledgehammer was awesome...but dont know too much bout it. hmmmm....and my moms cuzin has like teh hookup with systems and stuff cuz he is part of TEAM GATES ( u know that one old lady) and last time i saw him a few months ago...he said he had a dd9500 in his room that he was gonna be gettin rid of later on....maybe i should give him acall...lol

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4399
oh def def def call him, if you gert that sub some good power agood box you will BLOW AWAY any system NEAR YOU, as long as its not a huge cargo van competition can, heck maybe even then to lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
damm im callin my mom rite now to get his number :-)

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4405
haha, and if not tell him ill buy it lol

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 162
"haha score! yea....im gonna buy one sub for now, looks like im leanin towards a XXX, but i heard they were more for SQL, and im more of a SPL kinda guy but i also dont want it to sound super crappy,so what would you say is better than a XXX for me if anything??"

Sounds like the SX would suit you perfectly. Less in cost than the XXX's, and require less power. More of an SPl sub than the XXX with the ability to still sound great. In all honesty, if you're wanting an SPL setup, don't waste the money on the XXX's. It defeats the purpose as they were not designed to be SPL woofs, but rather high excursion SQ subs. Don't get me wrong, they'll get plenty loud in an SQL setup, but the SX is more suited for you IMO.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
hmm..but the sx is only a 1000wRMS sub...the xxx is 1600, so wouldnt it hit harder with 1500w runnin to a XXX compared to 1000 to a SX??? or is that not the case? and i think the xxx's go for like 400 bux, do u know how much the sx's run?

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 108
alpine type r's, very loud, great sound qaulity

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 166
juston no offense but type rs don't even come close to the subs listed here...

wowowow
Unregistered guest
type rs are more for budgeted systems...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
yea...dont think the type r is what i was lookin for...but i have heard the type x(think its x) is pretty good...but still prolly not as good as something from RE

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 120
yeah, but they cost LESS than half of these subs, and sound almost as good. Save ALOT of money, Get ALMOST the same quality. or spend two to three times as much money, and get a little bit better, and have to buy a bigger amp, up to you.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 163
"hmm..but the sx is only a 1000wRMS sub...the xxx is 1600, so wouldnt it hit harder with 1500w runnin to a XXX compared to 1000 to a SX??? or is that not the case? and i think the xxx's go for like 400 bux, do u know how much the sx's run?"

Nope, power handilng has nothing to do with ouput. The XXX is simply less efficient.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 834
I agree with juston the type R is a great sub and you can find them for about 130 bucks brand new but like michael said they really arent in the same class with the other subs listed. But a Type X might be able to keep up with them. Also sub forgot to mention the Adire Tumult, brahma and other great subs adire makes, AA avalanche, Sound splinter makes some pretty good stuff to, and image dynamics IDMAX

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4415
"hmm..but the sx is only a 1000wRMS sub...the xxx is 1600, so wouldnt it hit harder with 1500w runnin to a XXX compared to 1000 to a SX??? or is that not the case? and i think the xxx's go for like 400 bux, do u know how much the sx's run?"

the reason the the x.x.x has a 1600 watt power handling is becasue when they redesigned the xbl^2 motor they sacraficed power handling for more sq when they changed the BL curve. Power handling doesnt matter to much on spl

"yeah, but they cost LESS than half of these subs, and sound almost as good. Save ALOT of money, Get ALMOST the same quality. or spend two to three times as much money, and get a little bit better, and have to buy a bigger amp, up to you."
Cost less than half of these subs=TRUE
sound almost as good=completely WRONG, no where near the sq of a x.x.x
Get ALMOST the same quality.=Worst statement EVER. Alpine does this little thing called MASS PRODUCTION, not a good thing when it comes to something as complicated as loud speakers, RE does NOT do this, they spend alot of time individually with each sub making sure its of the best quality, and belive it, IT IS!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19

Nope, power handilng has nothing to do with ouput. The XXX is simply less efficient.

***okay, so lemme get this straight...i can run 1500w to a XXX, and 1000 to a SX, but i would hit higher db with the SX??? dang i feel so new to this stuff :|
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us