Ford taurus premium stereo help

Unregistered guest
i have a 1990 ford taurus with premium sound system. the wires use a common grounding method which i need help with i can't figure out the color codes. i have looked everywhere online but noone has the color codes for my car especially not common ground setup. can AnyONE HELP!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 981
All I can say is you're just going to have to test random speaker wires and see which is which.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 185
My suggestion to you is to rewire all the audio wires for the entire car. I have a ford explorer and thats what I did. In the process of putting my system in, i've come to hate ford. They do seemingly spitefull things that are intended to make sure that the car stays 100% OEM. Anyway, the wire is too shitty to use for decent audio equiptment. Since its a 1990 ford taurus, i'm guessing you don't have to worry about doing a 100% spotless job. I say go for it.

Unregistered guest
Hey there, i need help taking out the whole Heat/AC/Radio on a 96 ford taurus. everything is still oem and im trying to figure out how to get an amp and maybe some subs without having to get a new deck. in other words to keep the factory head unit
if anyone could help me on this - kiko130@hotmail.com
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1012
I answered your question in the other thread...and please don't hijack existing threads with a new question. Just start a new thread. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us