WHAT the hell is all this 4ohm,2ohm,1ohm business???

Username: Pineapplev

Post Number: 5
hey everyone, please please please can anyone help. Ive got my hands on an rclipse 15" Ti and was going to get a hifonics BX1500D. But someone has just really confused me with all talk bout ohms of my sub and the amp Etc. PLEASE HELP can someone please explain what the ohms represent on the sub (4ohms+4ohms) and so what W am i looking at when looking to buy an amp.
e.g for the bx1500D
4 Ohm Load - 500 x 1
2 Ohm Load - 1000 x 1
1 Ohm Load - 1500 x 1

so connected to my sub will i only get 500W? HEEEELP

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 177
no its a dual 4 ohm sub meaning if ya wire it in a parrallel...u can get the ohms down to 2 ohms...so yull send yur sub about 1000 watts...the rms on the ti is 750 and hifonics amps are a bit overated...it should be a good match if yur lookin for more daily driving stuff...and not competing...good luck...

Post Number: 7
thanks michael for that, could i ask another question?

Post Number: 8
so does that mean that i can only look at amps that give out about 750W rms at 2ohms? since the rms of the Ti is 750?
u see ive seen a HIFONICS GENERATION XI COLOSSUS for sale that does "2400 watts x 1 bridged at 2 Ohms".
would that be too powerfull for my Ti?

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 17
way way too powerful, yer gunna melt the voice coils. i'd go with what michael said

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Post Number: 42
Got to www.the12volt.com or www bcae1.com & read up on ohms then u would really know what u are doing ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us