WTF.....?

Anonymous

ok so in my truck a friend put in his old JL audio 12 inch, i never checked what it was just let it be and had my 776w pioneer amp going to it... well i ran it like this for months and it was great, but i checked what it was today and its a 12W0, so its a low end sub so i grabbed another sub to try it out a TS-SW124d... it sounds the exact same and the RMS wattage on the TS is nearly 3 times of what the JL was, i dont know a lot about subs but how is it that they seem to have the same ammount of power?

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 233
It could have to do with the box that you are using, or maybe the way the jl sub was built. there are a lot of things it could be. That sub is still an okay sub even though it's their bottom line. You also could have messed up wiring on the 2nd sub, like i said, there are a lot of things it could be.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 122
A sub's power handling has nothign to do with output. A sub rated for 350w RMS could be louder than a sub rated for 1000w RMS. The WO line from JL are very efficient subs. They perform at their best with very little power. The other sub could be much less efficient and not reach its full output with the amount of power given. Either that or both subs are similar in output.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 235
Yeah, it might not have as much excursion as the jl or it could be like dave said with the effeciency, tons of reasons.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 124
"Yeah, it might not have as much excursion as the jl or it could be like dave said with the effeciency, tons of reasons"

Well the W0's have 8.5 mm of excursion if I remember correctly, so that's really probably not a factor. But like you said, it could be many things.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us