Username: Chris_wood

Post Number: 3
well here is what i have guys

2 6.5 speakers in the front, alpine
2 4x6 polks in the rear
2 mtx 7500 subs in the rear under seat
1 infinty 5761a amp

the amp is getting two hot and shuts off after 45 min or so of loud volume

it is mounted between the boxes on a board that sits over the drive shaft hump under the rear of the ext cab.

i have 4 guage wire on it. amp is a 6 channel running everything.. ya i know..

everthing is running @ 4 ohms. i just can't get enough air to the amp and it is WAY to HOT!!!

any ideas on a fan that a idiot like me can hook up with out a lot of trouble.. I looked at a computer fan from radio shack but i don't think it would move enough air

thanks
chris

ihaveasystem2
Unregistered guest
I hate to tell you this but u have to get 2 amps to cool it down and you will get more bass to your subs and more treable for your mids and highs

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3522
Chris, check your gain/level setting on your amp. Sounds like it is set incorrectly. It should match your HU's preout voltage. So if your HU is 4v, then your amp's gain/level should be set to 4v.
If your amp is set correctly and still overheats, then installing a good quality cpu fan will do the trick. You will have to install it on the heatsink "fins" or if you're handy, you can cut out a hole on the amp's chassis to fit the fan.
Radio Shack isn't your best place for cpu fans. Try a computer shop. They usually carry variety of cpu fans in price and quality.
I hate to tell you this, but Infinity's 6 channel amp is not a good unit. It does have a bad history when it comes to quality. Infinity and Alpine amps are overrated. You can find much better amps for your money.

Username: Chris_wood

Post Number: 4
thanks issac

the amp i got i got a great deal on it. it is hard to find good 6 channel.. i was looking at two amps but the way i wanted it i don't have room and if i sell the truck i can pull it all at once...

i can cut out a hole in the bottom of the amp.. but how would you wire it..

i tried to wire it up before using a fan from radio shack and had it hooked to the ground wire and the remote turn on wire and got a bunch of noise..

any ideas.. i want it switched so when the amp shuts off so does the fan

thanks for your help..

chris

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us