Need ideas on Electrical system

Bronze Member
Username: Usnavy

EVERETT, WA US

Post Number: 21
Ok I am running a pair of Focal Utopia 165w, Alpine MRV-F545, Alpine MRD-M1005, Alpine CDA-9835
and 1 Eclipse Titanium 12. My truck has a 136 amp alternator, I am wondering what size of a cap I am going to need? I am debating between either the Alumapro 5 farad r the 15 farad. Eventually I want to put in another Ti 12. Any help that you guys could give me I would appreciate. I will post install pics at the begining of next month after it is all done.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 220
1 farad = 1000 watts. You need 1 farad for every 1000 watts.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3110
The 5 farad would be more than enough. I do know that your gonna need a larger alternator though, especially if you plan on running 2 TI's.

Bronze Member

EVERETT, WA US

Post Number: 22
Do you think that I will be safe if I just run 1

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3112
It's gonna be close man. If it were me, then I'd get at least a 200 amp alt. Do you have everything hooked up yet? If so, run everything at high volume at night, and watch your lights. If they dim with almost everybeat, you have a problem. You can also check it out with a DMM if you have one. Just watch the voltage rails when the bass hits.

Bronze Member

EVERETT, WA US

Post Number: 24
I am waiting on my Mono block to get here then I will have eveything. I know that I can get a 160 amp alt from dodge but if I go aftermarket I am going to void my warranty. So when I get paid at the end of the month that is when everything goes in at once. I just thought that I would run it by the pros here for some advice first

Bronze Member

EVERETT, WA US

Post Number: 25
Also what is the optimum cubic feet for the Ti 12 i cant find it in the Manual
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us