SPL brand subwoofers? Are they good?

Bronze Member
Username: Headutter

Post Number: 18
Saw these and they looked pretty good. Also considering Mofo by PowerAcoustik. Both less than $200.00 ea for 12's. For the price does anyone have any expireince with either or recommend , for that kind of money and power handling capability, anything else?

Anonymous

keep looking

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7973
both suck

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 139
Very loud woofer. Tons of spl output...and tons of manufacturing defects....

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 102
They're cheap, bottom of the line manufacturers. They may get loud, but build quality and SQ of these drivers suck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Yah, but how do you really feel. All kidding aside I'm looking to match up something with a Soundstream that will give me at least 1000watts RMS to 2 12's.
What, in the $150 to $200ea range is the best choice? What about Alpine,Infinity,FG,or any other?

Also, which is better a foam surround or rubber and why?

Bronze Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 73
New Alpine Type R's are 500W RMS each i think. And they have some nice SPL. You can get them from this one site for around $100 - $120 ea too. Which is pretty good since the retail is $220 ea.

Bronze Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 76
www.ikesound.com ($105 ea. for 1242D's)

Anonymous

type r's are great strong surround long excusion great spl and SQ. no onther sub for this price and and class will touch it. think of this sub as a more accurate w6v2 for half the price

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
OK, now we're back to what i was thinking of from the begining. How would a pair of the Alpine 12's be with a Kenwood Excelon KAC-8811DAmp. Or that amp and the Kicker Comp VR 12's. Preferences and why?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7999
don't like kenwood at all.
they have an inordinately high failure rate.. a lot like sony's xplod series of amps.
they also love to go into thermal protection mode with a simple 2 ohm load on the class D mono amps.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 111
"don't like kenwood at all.
they have an inordinately high failure rate.. a lot like sony's xplod series of amps.
they also love to go into thermal protection mode with a simple 2 ohm load on the class D mono amps"

I'm in the same boat as you, except IMO they make smoe quality HU's for the price (Excelon Line)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
So if Kenwood is out what about the kicker 600 watt or the Soundstream?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us