Alpine cda9833 subwoofer o/put phase

Anonymous

I've hooked the sub output of the HU to a Kicker 400.1 (monoblock) driving a pair of Kicker 05CVR12 (dual voice coil) in a sealed box.
Now, how does the subwoofer output phase function work? It's toggled btw Subwoofer Normal (0 degrees) or Subwoofer Revers (180 degrees). I don't even know what that means hence afraid to muck around with that function not wanting to risk blowing up my subs.
If any1 could tell me how it all works it's much appreciated. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 18
You can mess with it all you want. It wont hurt your sub.
Normal means when your mid drives push air out, the sub is also pushing in the same direction. Reverse means Mid is pushing out
and sub is pulling in. What ever sounds best is what you should use. In my Toyota pu, reverse sounds best.

Anonymous

but my mid is not even connected to the sub output. How does the sub sense what the mid is doing? Also when you say reverse sounds best in your Toyota does that mean it has higher SPL or better SQ? Thanks Benny

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 27
The sub out does not know anything. If all your wires are in order
the HU will just do what it does. the X- Over point will change the phase aswell. This is why Alpine add this feature to the HU.

For me its all about SQ, I get more bass in the system when the sub
phase is reversed.

Anonymous

ic, thanks Benny. I'll fiddle with it a bit later on this week and see if i can hear a difference. :-) Happy thumping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us