Insurance Question


Bronze Member
Username: Masse1369

Post Number: 65
Registered: Apr-05
Is car audio equipment covered under regular car insurance. Do you have to send them in a list of what you have for it to be covered?

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

South Bend, Indiana United States

Post Number: 224
Registered: Jan-05
I think you need full coverage and receipts for all your items you purchased, make sure you take pictures too.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 894
Registered: Apr-05
I've heard some insurance companies require the equipment to be bolted down to the chassis of the car in some form or another for them to cover it-just a thought...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7950
Registered: Dec-03
many companies require purchase of an additional rider to cover aftermarket things like stereo systems, added engine mods, etc..
call your ins. co. to find out for sure.
you'll probably also need full coverage, not just PLPD or comprehensive.

Bronze Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 67
Registered: Jun-05
Meh, I had my car broken into and my subs and amp stolen about 2 years ago any my insurance covered it. Actually at that time I didn't know anything at all about car audio and had some shitty stuff... but I just had to tell them "what I had" and they paid for everything. And it was especially funny because at the time... my amp was actually blown and not even hooked up. If they hooked it up to a power source it just throws out as much power as possible randomly. I ended up getting a new car with the money I got and a trade in of my old one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us