8inch, which ones should i get

robert j
Unregistered guest
i'm looking for two 8inch subs to hook up to my kicker 600.1 runs at 2ohms, 300rms at 4ohms. what to 8inch subs should i get to have amazing qaulity and still use all of my amps potintal.

Bronze Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 56
well i have been asking every one this on ecoustics.com and this is what they have been telling me, mainly the JL audio 8W-anything is great very good SQ AND SPL a very good choice in any cass http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/index.html
or if you are looking for the same quality but dont want to spend alot of money then check out the kickin E.D. subs http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/8a.htm both of these subs will comletly satisfy your booming needs :D

Big Joe
Unregistered guest
I would have to say that JL 8W7 is the best you could get. They are great speakers.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
thanks guy i'm going to get the jl, but i got one more question,will the jl 8w7 be able to give me a 2ohm load?

robertJ
Unregistered guest
if i get two of them

Bronze Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 60
there normal impedance is 3 ohms so if your amp is 2 ohms then you might have to turn down the gain a little but other than that it should be just fine

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 293
yea i would advise turning the gain to a little less than half or so because you'll be pumping 450w rms to it and its only reccomended to handle around 300-400

Bronze Member
Username: Thespotlight

Amarillo, TX USA

Post Number: 22
If he has 2 3 ohm speakers then his amp would need to handle anything under 2 ohms because the total resistance of the 2 speakers is 1.5 ohms. Unless he hooks them up in series then it would be 6 ohms.

Username: Volcom

Post Number: 2
personally i would get a memphis audio setup. I heard this kits setup the other day and it hit so damn hard and was very clean. Memphis amps and subs are very good quality and im looking forward to getting some memphis 12's myself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us