Is it possible to connect a iPod

Dainius
Unregistered guest
I have an Apple iPod and i would like to connect it to my car audio system and i was wondering if its possible.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
What kind of radio do you haave and are you looking to replace it?

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 17
If you have an upper end Pioneer or Alpine, for sure! I cant speak
for other brands because these are the two I use my Ipod with.
SQ is very good with there Ipod adapters. I just opened the Alpine one to take a look, there plenty of stuff in there.

Upload

Dainius
Unregistered guest
Well Right now i have a 1997 Acura 3.2 TL and i have the same Radio that was manufactured with the car. It's not a bad system, the sound is very good but i just have no idea of what i am capable of doing with it.

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 40
Well if you are willing to get a new head unit, Kenwood currently makes the best after market ipod interface in my opinion. Their interface allows you to retain the most features of the ipod if you get a quality headunit. But pretty much every aftermarket HU has a compatible interface that would allow you to atleast play your Ipod's playlists.

Here is an article on the Kenwood interface and the Monster interface:

http://www.caraudiomag.com/features/0507cae_ipod/

You can also do some searches online b/c I remember reading some pages of Ipod interfaces for stock steroes in certain makes.

Dainius
Unregistered guest
I was thinking if it was possible to just hook it up with a few cables and change the songs with the iPod itself... But i guess thats the only way.

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 21
You can do it that way but it sounds like Krapp going thru the headphone amp. Your HU will need a pre-amp in.

You should ask these Questions in the ipodlounge.com

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 247
I had a friend who did this...

You can get a transmitter. It takes the signal from your Ipod and turns it into a radio signal. The only wire is from the mp3 player to the transmitter. The rest is wireless so you don't have to mess with the stock radio. Sound quality is okay, but not as good as if it were wired obviously...just make sure you get a good one otherwise you will be disappointed.

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 42
I had the iTrip and it sounded ok. But the problem is that you are transmitting over an existing frequency. So if there are any stronger signals (even at nearby frequencies) you get a lot of static over the radio. Also if you have the iPod volume a little too high it seemed as if the iTrip could not send the bass well, I don't know the real reason for that but it sounded like playing a song with a lot of bass on crappy headphones.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us