10" Kenwood W2505

Username: Karlton79

Virginia Beach, Virginia USA

Post Number: 1
I just baught two 10" Kenwood 600watt W2505 subs. This is my first time buying a system. I have a Mazda6s. I was hoping to get some opinions on what amp I should get. I will be keeping my factory stereo. I believe my alternator is rate 90A. I just want some decent bass. Nothing too loud. Just sounding nice. Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 206
I would suggest a Kenwood monoblock, just because you have Kenwood subs. I know their amps aren't the best, but it should do. Look on the Crutchfield site, under "Scratch and Dent", I saw some a Kenwood monoblock on closeout there.

Post Number: 2
What's the difference between mono and 2-channel, multi-channel, etc.? Why would I need mono?

Post Number: 3
2004 KENWOOD KAC-8101D 1000W D-CLASS MONO AMP

I saw this amp for $150 on ebay. Do you think that will work? Best Buy is selling this same exact one for $255.99 in the store. One of the guys there suggested this one for me. What do ya think? I wouldn't have a change my alternator, would I?

Post Number: 4
The power supply fuse for the amp above is 40A. Will my alternator be good to go if it's rated 90A?

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 211
looks good, I would jump on it. It would give you enough power to the subs, and a monoblock is a dedicated sub amp that delivers its power into one channel. As far as the alternator, I would install the amp and then drive the vehicle. If your lights do not dim on long bass notes, you should be good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us