Infinity 1030w or 1032w

Bronze Member
Username: Kyleleduc

Post Number: 31
I was looking to buy two infinity 1030w subs, I was about to purchase them when I saw that there was an Infinity 1032w. I was wondering what the difference between these two subs are. The only difference that I can see between them is that the 32's are dual voice coil. Here are sites for both of the subs.
Infinity 1030w
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13351
Infinity 1032w
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13352
If you could let me know if the voice coil is the only difference between these two subs, and which one is better and which one I should buy. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2411
What amp do you have, or are going to get?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I don't know what kind of amp that I am going to get. I wanted to know what Subs I was getting before I got my amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 74
the sub's voice coil depends on what amp you get. The 1030w sub is 2 ohms and the 1032w can be wired to 1 or 4 ohms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
So which sub would be the better sub to buy. Since the 32's can be wired all those different ways, is it a better bet to buy the 32's. Or is it better to buy the 30's because you can only wire them one way? Let me know. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 75
Ok it works like this, they are both the same exact sub except for the voice coil. If you get an amp that is 2 ohm stable, you can get the 30. If you get a 1ohm stable amp, you can get the 32.

Bronze Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 76
I forgot to add that both subs are equal in performance. There is no better sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
So the sub I get depends on the kind of amp that I get. So I should not buy either sub until I know what amp I am going to get? Is that what you're saying? Also what kind of amp would be easier to wire and would be cheaper, a 1ohm or a 2ohm amp. Also how many watts or RMS or whatever should the amp be for both of these subs?

Bronze Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 77
Yes, exactly. The 2 ohm amp would be the easiest to wire. You should get at least a good 200-300 watt amp to power it. I think 2 ohm amps ar cheaper, but I could be wrong.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
So I should buy a 2 channel amp that puts out about 250 watts at 2ohm to each sub? Then that amp would be for two Infinity 1030w's? Is that correct?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us