Coaxial or component

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 163
im looking for some front speakers that wont be drowned out by a mtx 9500 sub...which is better coaxial or component also can anyone tell me some good models for around 100-150(ebay)

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 791
What size are your front speakers?

Normally you can find Infinity fairly cheap, additionally their Kappa coaxials sound better than some components.

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
i would suggest component for front speakers. in my car i was having difficulty finding a place for a component to go so i just put some regular coaxials in the front, then got some infinity references for the back and twisted the tweets toward the front of the car

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
its going into a 99 eclipse so all 4 speakers are 6 and 1/2 round

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
i have a civic all 4 are 6.5

my setup works well, i have two kenwood 6.5 in front (cause the infinities wont fit)

and i have 2 infinity references in back with the adjustable tweets pointed to the front. i cant even sit in the back seats its so loud.

i have had nothing but compliments on the sound it produces.

if you can get 4 infinity references in the car it will be clean and loud sound at a good price, $200 or cheaper on ebay.

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 53
what amp are u using for the speakers KMARTXR?

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
i dont have an amp, wish i did but i cant afford one.

they are plenty loud without it, cd player is 50wx4 max

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 50
lol... "they are plenty loud without it"

keep telling yourself that. Until you get an amp and see the difference first hand you're living a lie. Not only can an amp double the output of your speakers (compared to a HU) but it can be clear at all volumes as well. Note the word "can"... shop wisely.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 835
That's kind of harsh, heh. It's only his opinion.

But yeah, an external amp's biggest difference is that fact that it enables the speakers to retain clarity even at high volumes. The difference is amazing! You can hear the vocals, the snare drum, the guitar etc. individually! And none of the highs are harsh no matter what volume it is set at. Of course it has to be done right but yeah, it definitely sounds excellent.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 51
Yea I didn't mean to sound harsh but it is the truth. Unless you have extremely sensitive ears or don't like loud music a HU just won't make the cut.

Personally I was amazed in the difference.

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
i cant sit in the back seats without my ears ringing afterwards. i turn my cd deck up to around 50 and it doesnt distort because i dont have the bass turned up on them. my subs do..errr...did that until my amp blew.

so it is clear enough and loud enough for me. granted it would be clearer and louder with an amp. loan me some money ill buy an amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 46
quick shot... you should get a component for your front stage and a full range on the back. It definately will sound better and more clarity at the comfortable level listening or super loud. At the front stage you only need mid and high (90Hz-25kHz). All the frequency below 90Hz consider LOW, it should go to the rear, otherwise it will make you dizzy.
If you have trouble to find the place for it.. suggest to look for a kick panel... you will love the sound. it's alot better than a coxial...

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 53
"so it is clear enough and loud enough for me. granted it would be clearer and louder with an amp. loan me some money ill buy an amp."

lol.. fair enough.

Most people can't hear anything above 20kHz so get too caught up in any frequencies above that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
thanks Winn thats what i was thinkign about doing..i was thinking about getting the Alpine Tyoe R components because they seem pretty good and are fairly cheap...anyone who has any experience with them?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4238
Doesn't really matter if a component system can respond much above 20khz or not, regardless of the psychoacoustics and that you can feel the vibration of it, CD Audio uses a brick wall filter at 22.05 khz anyway due to the sampling frequency.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us