Ported, Sealed, Bandpass????

Sure13
Unregistered guest
I am getting two JL 12w3v2's for my explorer. What type of box would work the best? Please help me and explain what differences the boxes will cause. Thanks!

Diddy
Unregistered guest
Ported box will probably sound theeyou have the right amp for them. Port will be louder than sealed. Port can move alot more air than a sealed box, thus making more sound.

Diddy
Unregistered guest
Port box will sound alot better if you have the right amp for them. Port is louder than sealed box. Port can move alot more air, thus making more noise.

Anonymous

it is true ported is louder a bandpass box well clear up some of the distortion to but yet you wont know if your speakers are screaming for mercie i think that for a couple of JL 12W3v2's a sealed box would be best because it acts like another spring for the subs witch can make them handle a little bit more and in a suv such as your explorer they well be plenty loud you well be very satifide

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 304
i would go with Diddy on this one, get a dual slot ported box to the JL specs of it (tuning freq, and boz size) usually better companies will give you a layout of the optimum box for that sub

also, ported is more effecient than sealed and will take less power to get more SPL

Username: 1_kicker_fan

Lipan, Texas America

Post Number: 5
i would most definitly go with the portedfor those jl's

Username: Blowitup

Post Number: 2
ok....I have 2 10's (alpine r10's) Also 2 15's (alpine r15's)...i have 1200 watts going to the 10's and 1200 to the 15's....i have a escalade so i have room =).... Should i get ported or sealed box...Which 1 would be louder... thanks

Post Number: 4
ok....I have 2 10's (alpine r10's) Also 2 15's (alpine r15's)...i have 1200 watts going to the 10's and 1200 to the 15's....i have a escalade so i have room =).... Should i get ported or sealed box...Which 1 would be louder... i dunno should i get the MTX Thunder8000 or should i stay with the alpine r15's...please help with choseing the subs and the box....thanks

f
Unregistered guest
How do you tune ports on a box? i have 2 type r 12's and was wondering how you would port them. i came across a website www.eatel.com or something like that and i don't know how to use it. can someone tell me the dimensions of the ports (both in slot port and tubes) to the right port frequency?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1654
www.bcae1.com is their new domain.

basic car audio % electronics.

anyway tuning a port is determined by the box volume after driver and port-volume displacement, and by the ports' length, and inner diameter.

theone
Unregistered guest
john tom carter if you can get 2 Thunder8000 15's in a ported box with one mono block amp that can push both of them (same rms) you may not want anything else after your ears burst.

Bronze Member
Username: Sandmanz400

Reserve, N.M. U.S.

Post Number: 16
for all of you i would get sealed.

Post Number: 5
thenoe...thanks for help im going to go look for these things now....hope it will be that loud...i have some1 who is also getting 2 15's so we are going to have a littl test to see who's are louder....thx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us