1ohm 2ohm 4ohm?

Anonymous

i have 1 kicker L7 powered by an Autotek 750.1. The guy at the car audio store said the amp and L7 dont match. Can someone please explain how speakers are 1ohm 2 ohm and whatever else. i cant remember but i think he said my speaker was 4ohm. Does it make that big of a difference?

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1301
it makes all the difference in the world...its kinda like matching honda parts to a BMW....it ust doesnt work...

What are te specs on the sub and amp and we can tell you the problem.

Anonymous

The Autotek is 400 WATTS X 1 CHANNELS @ 4 OHMS and 750 WATTS X 1 CHANNELS @ 2 OHMS. I think my L7 is 4ohms. I was about to buy another one but the guy said if i got a new amp it would sound alot better. what makes a sub 2ohm or 4ohm, i dont know how to tell the difference.

Anonymous

is there a way to make a 4ohm L7 2ohm? What does wiring 2 subs parallel mean?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2342
If it is 4 ohm svc, then you're only getting 400 watts.
Adding another 4 ohm L7 won't really help you... if you wire each in parallel, you will get the 2 ohm load, but the amps full power will be split too each sub.
So, 750 watts will be used, but each sub will only see maybe a 375 rms.

Anonymous

ok someone else told me if i parallel wire two 4ohm dvc L7's it will be a 1 ohm load..WHICH IS IT?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2349
No, 2 4 ohm subs can either be wired like this,
series... and you will get 8 ohms, or
Paralel... and get 2 ohms.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2350
BTW, the L7 is 4 ohm svc, not dvc right? That could make a big difference!

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2351
Oh... sorry, I just noticed that you said that they are 4 ohm dvc... that changes everything.
1 4 ohm dvc sub can be wired to 2 ohms/8 ohms. Then if you add another, it can then be wired to either, 1 ohm/4 ohms... sorry for the confusion.

Anonymous

its ok.....thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us