Help With A SoundSplinter Sub

Bronze Member
Username: Akloaditigrt21

Post Number: 30
does anyone know how many watts rms this sub can handle someplease help me (the 15 inch one)
http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp_premium_series_12_and_15_inch_subwoofer.html

drake
Unregistered guest
you could email Mike, who handles the soundsplinter company. he replies super fast. he told me the 15" can handle 800-900 watts RMS in a ported enclosure. other than that, some people have no problems putting 1000watts into one of them sealed.

*i just ordered a RL-p 15 yesterday. if you want, i can tell you how it is when i install it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
okkk thank you and please let me know how it sounds as far as bass and clarity

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 282
Mine sounds freakin' awesome in an ABC box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
what is an ABC box?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
hmmm i think sound splinter subs really are sick im sitting here watching p!mp my ride (haha tha forum wont let me use the word p!mp) and i noticed they use these subs to put in peoples car i saw the lil yellow lookin X thing

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
WHAT THE?!?!?!? Are you sure it was a SoundSplinter?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 639
they dont use soundsplinter on p1mp my ride lol

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3187
Knacko whats the transient response like with the sound splinter in that abc box

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
I was actually very surprised with it. My ABC is running just under 5cuft, much larger than the recommended ported. This doesn't stop it from keeping up at all. My old pair of 10" sealed Kappa Perfects were a bit better, not surprisingly, but I have no regrets.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3196
so would you recommend doubling most abc box sizes over the recommend sq flat curve setup?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3197
also i wouldnt mind know what size and model those soundsplinters are knacko so i can run the theil small parameters (unless you have them) on my program and get an idea whats going on inside your box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
it was on p!mp my ride they pimped some corolla it was on the sunday stew yesterday they put to of them and the little microfone to sing on look at the bottom of the sound splinter home page it was that sub wit the yellow X dead serius

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
hmmm just thinkin about p!mp my ride n stuff and since those subs are blank and all would it do anything such as damagae the speaker if i spray painted/air brushed it with my name or something

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
Dual 4 specs:

http://www.soundsplinter.com/specs/rlp15_specs.htm

I might just have enough wood left to build another ABC. It'll most likely be around 3cuft if I can find a way to fit everything in. But with mine now, doubling the recommended has produced some great results.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
WTF is an abc box somebody please show a picture or explain

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=064764#000000

Gold Member

Post Number: 3214
knacko was that 5 cf internal after the port and subs or not if not what was the actual net cubic feet?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3215
also what were the tune points in each chamber

Silver Member

Post Number: 298
It was designed as 5cuft net, but I'd added a bit of bracing after the fact (2:1 in the chambers, so not to throw off the volume ratios) and it came out to right around 4.8cuft. It raised the tuning frequency to just under 28hz if I remember correctly. I'll try to find my measurement sheets to verify.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3230
yup looks right for that speaker with 4.80 cf and a 28 hz port tune large chamber and a 39.75 hz second chamber should peak at 56 hz if it holds true to my design box rise low point wise
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us