Enclosure design and options for 96 grand am coupe

Username: Glitch

Grand Rapids, Mi

Post Number: 2
I'm not sure why the first try at this didn't seem to post but here we go again. Thanks to all who in my previous post suggested woofer brands. I listened to many and decided I'm going to go with Image dynamics. Either the idq or the Id max. Id max is what i'm shooting for providing the budget allows. Now i'm looking at enclosures and mounting locations. I'm considering mouting the woofer in the rear deck firing up at the back window or modifying the rear seat so that it will be located between the two rea passenger seats... not that people can fit back there easily anyhow. Any comments or suggestions from others experiences with grand ams. I wasn't sure about mounting the sub in the trunk because of loss of sq and impact. that and the dreaded trunk f@arts...when the seal on the trun blows out because of the pressure of the sub. Life would be easier if i had a split folding rear seat like my grand am sedan that I used years ago for spl. but it doesn't and i'm looking do something nicer than a prefab box tossed in the trunk like every other grand am install i've been able to find on the net so far.
thanks for your input.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3254
mount it in the far left corner of your back deck on the drivers side as tight as you can get it and fire it up into the window like you said and build the box around any obstacles in the trunk and gain your desired airspace that way or build the boxes frame so it becomes your back deck or wraps under the back deck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us