Amps!!!! i need one, wait two...

Accord
Unregistered guest
I have a question, i have two sony xplod 12 inch subs and 2 xplod 15 inch subs, i know not the perfect choice for subs but for the money im not complaining i was curious on what configuration i will need, i would prefer a 2 channel amp so i can get stereo sound, and not to high of output as to not blow them, they have rms of 400 roughly on the 12"s and 900 on the 15"s (1300 peak on 12's and 1500 peak on the 15's) i know i will need two amps but i have no idea on what to look for, im not good with stereo equipment, any suggestions would be very helpful

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 750
Heh, not sure why the wattage was included for the 15' subs. Anyway, you're looking for an amp that puts out 400w x2 rms? What is the ohm and voice coil configuration on the subs?

Accord
Unregistered guest
They are all 4ohm impedance, the two 15's have a dual voice coil, and the 12's are 4 layer, and the 15's are 2 layer, (btw why didnt wattage matter on the 15's) and yes for the 12's a amp that does roughly 400 350 would be preferable x2 so they can be stereo and not mono, (ie one speaker per channel) and for the twelves another amp that would put out about 500 to 850 per channel x 2 because of ease of connections and the design of the speaker setup.

Accord
Unregistered guest
15's 500 to 850 or 900 per channel x 2 and the 15's have dual voice coil, and 12's 4 layer. sorry about the confusion.

Accord
Unregistered guest
One more thing, the sonys are only one positive and one negative terminal, so they dont have 4 connectors on them only 2.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 752
Ah, didn't realize you had all four...but something that puts out that amount of power would best be found in-correct me if I'm wrong-four seperate amps, there aren't any that I can recall that put out two channels of that amount of power for a decent price anywhere. What is your budget?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 201
Eclipse DA7232 puts out 4,000 watts, 2,000 per channel, should power all four of those POS. Or an Orion PHD10000W I believe is what it's called. Specs say it'll go to 5,000 watts. Don't believe it, but Sony's handle 1,200 watts, so what the h3ll? ROFL!

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 273
Sell them and buy one decent subwoofer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
That works too...

Accord
Unregistered guest
for the price i paid for the sony's i didnt come out to bad though i got the 12's free brand new and the 15's were 100 bucks so im not complaining and for what i plan on doing with them its pointless to buy anything higher. Cant complain about free.

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
But you could sell them, and still buy a good Eclipse Ti or something. And still have some left over.

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
I'm sorry, but a friend of mine has THREE 12" Sony's, and he can FEEL my bass over his when I pass him on the streets.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us