My subs work...but my speakers keep cutting out???

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 65
well at first my subs wouldn't work. i realized the remote wire wasn't hooked up. so i hooked it up. now the subs work. but the speakers don't. the only time you hear sound from them is when the bass hits really hard. and they'll cut in for a second when it's loud. i don't know what it is...anyone have any idea? if it was a bad connection with a speaker would that affect all of the speakers as well?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
anybody? i need help. i have no clue what could be wrong.

Bronze Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 36
Well, you say that they will cut on when the subs hit really hard... The only thing I can think of off hand is it has to be a bad connection somewhere, because when the bass hits and shakes it connects, and then cuts back out. Since it's all of the speakers, my guess would be that its in the back of your deck and not at each speaker. I don't really know what else it could be besides a bad/loose connection.

Seems weird though that it happened at the same time that you connected the remote wire for your amp...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
well a few days ago it started out that the entire system would cut out. then eventually the whole thing just wouldn't play. so i took the deck out. and saw that the remote wasn't connected, so i connected it. now the subs will play all the time, but the speakers will cut in. what wire do you think it could be? should i just re-connect all of them?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
i checked all the wiring behind the deck and everything's hooked up right. i re-connected the ground and some others and everything's okay on it. but yet it still won't work. could it be the wiring in the car and not just the wiring on the deck?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
what else could it be?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
could it be the wiring that the car company did? maybe the ground or something got disconnected? where does the ground usually go? how could i fix it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us