Is my speaker blown???

Username: N0soupf0ryou

Post Number: 1
Hey all, wish my first post here was a little more upbeat, but Im not too happy right now. First off, I drive a 97 honda civic dx 2 door, I put an Audiobahn 800w amp and Infinity 1200w sub in it recently. I had it professionally installed and it worked great, Until coming home from work today. I was driving and suddenly realized the sub wasnt as loud as it was a minute earlier. Turns out it stopped working altogether. I opened the trunk, and the sub enclosure smelled like something burning. I assumed it was blown, But I never heard any distortion or noise as it went. Im not even positive it blew. Any one who can help me, please do. Im PO'd about this. The amp works and the fuses are all ok.

Silver Member
Username: Sx3

Illinois USA

Post Number: 164
Sorry man but its blown 4sure.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 623
take the sub out and lick the terminals

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 422
wtf?

Username: N0soupf0ryou

Post Number: 2
Any reason it might have blown? It wasnt too loud, or too soft. I wasnt even messing with the volume or bass when it went. Thanks for the replys, Im new to the stereo world, my last car was a 92 buick that only had a tape deck. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Matt12490

Post Number: 62
Was the amp 800 RMS or 800 peak... if it was 800 RMS then you gave it too much power because those subs are only 300 RMS each.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us