Jbl 1200.1 amp what subs for best setup

Anonymous

i have a jbl 1200.1 amp and blew my two MTX8000 12's wanted to upgrade subs and wanted opinions on what subs will be loudest and will last longest being powered by this amp

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 210
Try the Adire Brahma's.

Anonymous

where can i find a pair?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 290
if you want a pair of subs go with a pair of adire audio shivas...its practically a perfect matchup - slap them in 1 cubic foot sealed boxes with 12 ounces of polyfill

you can also go with a single brahma with would also be a good matchup with that amp, pending on what box you put it in - i would reccomend a sealed box because a ported box dramatically reduces the amount of power it needs to fully excurse - if you look at their power rating chart on the adire site it will show you

www.adireaudio.com

shivas are $125 each and a brahma is $350 and up pending on what model you pick 10, 12 or 15

both will give you great SPL and SQ

Anonymous

would it be possible to run 2 brahma 12's without underpowering them on that amp and if not which would hit harder and be louder overall the 2 shivas or 1 brahma

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 174
Ok for the record Too Little Power:
As you have probably heard, some people say that too little power can blow speakers. Well... How can I say this... BULL SH1T

Too little power will only cause the maximum output level to be low. Abuse and the defective 'wing nut' (an idiot) connected to the volume control blow speakers with low powered amplifiers. If driving a speaker with low power would cause them to fail, speakers would fail every time you lower the volume on the head unit. I will try to explain what happens when speakers are driven with clipped signals but remember... you get what you pay for. :-)

As for the Comparison it would be close with 2 Shivas against 1 Brahma but Shivas would have the edge because they can move more air.

Anonymous

thanks for all the help i'll be goin to Benicia CA to an autherized dealer asap to pick up a pair of Adire Shivas
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us