Picked up my new system

Username: Yaxis

Post Number: 6
woot!!! i went and picked up my new 12 w7 today.....its hella loud...the only complaint i have is it doesnt hit highs and mids very well...they said they needed to add another amp to make it sound perfect so thats 700 more dollars so i'm not sure what to do.

Bronze Member
Username: Livinloud7

Post Number: 12
Another amp for 1 12W7 ? What amp do you have at the moment ?

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 58
take it to another shop for a second opinion but don't tell them what your first shop said...they may just be trying to get a guy with cash to spend it. one amp should be all you need...for $700...im thinkin you have a 1000/1 now? that is all you need. if it doesn't hit the mids or highs after a 1000/1 amp, that means the box is designed wrong or the crossover setting is not set right.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 333
Stephen, your subs isn't supposed to hit highs and mids. A subwoofer is only meant to hit the low frequencies. In general a sub isn't supposed to see anything over 100hz, and even then that is a little high. Best set your low pass filter around 75-80hz. I would go kick that sales man in the balls, he is an idiot.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
i don't think the salesman is that retarted...haha would it be that possible to be that retarted? I think he is referring the the low frequencies broken up into low,mid, and upper frequencies...doesn't mean that it has to go over 100-120 hz. Such as a 20-40 hz range, 40-70 hz range, and a 70-100 hz range

Post Number: 7
ya i got the 1000/1.. but it just seems like it wont high any of the notes my 10 w7 used to hit....it definitely hits the low ones with a low rumble...but some songs wont even hit period whereas the same song with the 10 would pound like crazy on the high note.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 689
prolly the type of box used or crossover. that would be my guess

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
yea i agree...set the crossover to 85 hz on the 1000/1...is it a sealed or ported box? That may be just how it is...ive heard a w7 b4 but talking to some people, a few don't like w7's because they sound bloated (really low) and that may be the reason (because it can't hit the upper bass.

Post Number: 8
was the custom jl sub ported box. 300 some bucks i believe

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
The HO Wedge? It hits low but you should still hear some variance

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
i think you should take it to another shop and get a second opinion...you def don't need more power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us