Help with noise problem please.

Username: Biligio

Post Number: 1
I am having a problem where a sporadic pop or static noise is coming through all speakers. It doesn't go away if I turn off the deck, and it doesn't fluctuate with the volume. I'm not sure what to do but the sound is very loud sometimes, and it's starting to drive me crazy.

I have a Rockford Fosgate amp installed (professionally) but it is over 10 years old now. I checked all obvious wiring, at the amp, and at the battery. I pulled the fuse and the sound stopped, so I assume it is tied to the amp, not the deck.

Any advice or help would be great - I can also be reached at bill_levey@Hotmail.com

Thank you!

b8i9og
Unregistered guest
bench test the amp and the HU to see if they are the cuase.

Username: Biligio

Post Number: 3
thank you - any advice to how I do that?? sorry I have forgotten all my stereo installation & testing skills.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3377
Take a look at the amp. There should be a RCA cable. Unhook that and see if you still get noise.
If you have a portable CD player, then hook the headphone jack to the amp's RCA ports. Connect the remote wire to the pos and turn on the player. Make sure the volume is at minimum to start. Then gradually increase it till you hear music. If there is no static, then it's not the amp problem.

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem. Not sure what the problem is either. It's done it since I installed it nearly a year ago. The amps (3 Scosche SA3002XR) are about a year old and I have an equalizer (Jensen) not sure on the age, and I have a Sony CD head unit, which is about 3-4 years old.
I think the noise is engine noise and it is loud when the CD player is on, but when it is turned off it's even louder! Not sure how to fix it.
Any help would be gladly appriciated...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3379
C.Jackson, check your ground wires. Some of them got bad connection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us