Help i need to know what amp to get.

Bronze Member
Username: Karam

Post Number: 36
ok, i have got 350 dollars to spend thats with shipping to uk, i can also buy from uk if it is sold in uk as well. also ebay. what i need is a amp that will do 1300x1rms at 2ohms stable. i have seen loads of amps and when i ask here what they think of it its supposed to be crap. for example the boss pd-3000w. ok can some body tell me some models that are avalable in the uk or ebay. i have two 650rms 4 ohm subs so either it will be a 2 channel and bridge it to 1 or go for a mono. can some body please help. and when i say 350 thats my max.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 249
If you have 2 SVC 4-ohm subs, you have to get mono amp. Once you wire them in you will have a 2-ohm load. Most 2 channel amps can't handle a 2-ohm load when they are bridged. Go for a mono amp. Take a look at this amp:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D57813575 87%26

Go for something like this. This amp will blow that Boss amp out of the water. It will put out it's rated power and have much better SQ. I even searched ebay.uk for you! I am not sure what the exchange rate is, but if you can get it cheaper on the us ebay, then look. But this would be a good option for what you are looking for.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
thanks very so much if only i was a little bit quicker to reading this i could of got the amp from ebay.! damm!

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 279
No problem man, I am more than happy to show people that there is a better option out there than Boss. GL with that system man.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 284
BTW, there is a guy in this forum that is selling that amp.He is asking 285 shipped, that is a good deal. You might have to talk him into shipping to the UK. Here is the post, it is recent:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/143266.html

Take a look.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
yer i had a look didnt know weather it was dollars or pounds. but i have emailed him, see what he says, if you find any more anywhere else please let me know thnks. i cant seem to find any more on ebay:-(

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 291
I am pretty sure that it is dollars. So $285 shipped. But if he is willing to ship to the uk for you I am sure he is gonna want a little more for shipping.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
yer im sure it will be more that 100 dollars. as i got my speakers from US and that shipping was 180 dollars so i think it will be a good price. can i use 4awg or do i have to use 0awg?? as i was going to get the cable? and how much would that cost? i have not got a special battery. and no caps so ill wire it up and see how much out put im getting then ill see weather to cap it or change the battery or wat.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 297
If your lights start dimming bad or worse, start blinking on and off, your gonna have to get a HO alternator, there is no way around it. A cap will not solve your problem. Just be mindful of that. As for the wiring, I think that 4-gauge will be ok. But if you have the money you might as well go with a 0-gauge kit. It's up to you really.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
ok thanks alot, i think im well over my budget already so ill go for the 4-awg.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us