Couple of questions

Username: Redrazor

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 1
If anyone would be so kind to help me I have a couple of questions. If I have a speaker setup to where the end result is the amp seeing a 1 ohm load example - two 2ohm svc subs in parallel or two 4ohm dvc subs in parallel (btw the second setup is what I'm going for). and the amp is then rated say 1200 rms x 1 into 1 ohm then each speaker would get 600 rms total (or 300 per VC on the DVC speakers) right?

Really what ever speaker wiring configuration is used that ends ends up in the amp seeing a 1,2,4 etc load and you have an amp rated to match said load at whatever watts you then devide up the watts the amp is putting out by the number of connections you have as long as all the connections have the same ohm rating correct?

I'm new to this so just trying to learn here any help would be appriciated.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 547
you are correct sir

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 548
well you say "rated". Alot of high end amps rate their amps at a certain level and will actually produce more than that, and alot of low end amps will rate theirs at a level and will produce less than that. So assuming they produce what they say they do you are correct (i.e. 300 per coil in DVC 600 per sub)

Bronze Member
Username: Zootreeves

York, Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 28
yes and yes :-)

Username: Redrazor

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 2
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts