4 Kicker 10s CVR What Kinda Amp do i use?

Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 1
I have 4 cvr 10s that i got at a price i payed 260 for them but have no clue for the amp I already built the box But when i call around at local Audio stores they all tell me i need something different Lookin to spend around 500$ on amp

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 142
okay if they are 4 ohm dvc subs you can wire them at 2 ohm, you need a 2 ohm stable amp, those subs are like 300 watts rms, so if you want a good amp get a mtx 1501d off of ebay, or www.onlinecarstereo.com or you can just find an amp that pushes a true 1000 watts rms at 2ohms for a good deal on your own.. good luck and may the boom be with you!! ( you do know how to wire all 4 subs at 2 ohms right well if not just post and i will send you to a site that shows you how.. its easier than just t yping in here to you)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3411
kicker 1200.1 and you can wire them at 1ohm or 4 ohms. get the kicker and wire them down to 1 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 146
4 dvc 4 ohm subs are not going to wire 1 or 4 ohm they are gonna be 2 ohm when you wire them in series. now 4 svc subs will wire 1 or 4 ohm.. if thats what you mean but he has dual voice coiled subs... so if i was him i would go with my idea, but if you can show me how to wire 4 dvc subs into a 1 ohm load go ahead would be neat to know something new.. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 11
Yea they are dvc but i am haven trouble finding the MTX1501d is there any other amps?
what about Audiobahn 1250HCT 300 watts x 2 @ 2ohms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us